Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Farmer in Turkey
Camera: K2000 Photo Location: Goreme, Turkey ISO: 50 
Posted By: sealonsf, 05-08-2011, 08:36 PM

[IMG]
[/IMG]

I motioned to this farmer in a field outside Goreme, Turkey to ask if I could take his picture and I'm happy he said yes. I really like this shot. Thanks for looking!

P.S. There are some spots I need to fix in the sky -- will do that soon.
Views: 1,683
05-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like these type of images as they tell what goes on in the rest of thew world on a daily bases. Thank you for sharing. JIMBO
05-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
wow! very nice shot!!!
05-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
really fine capture... like the expression on the farmer's face.... seems like the farmer is standing in a precarious spot behind his working companion.... dave m

05-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
really fine capture... like the expression on the farmer's face.... seems like the farmer is standing in a precarious spot behind his working companion.... dave m
Thanks, yes, well, I know from looking that the horse had just done his business . I loved the way the farmer posed for me. I don't feel comfortable taking pictures of people and either (I admit) try to sneak in a couple a long way away via a zoom or politely ask.

On this same trip, I was taking a picture at the top of a house that had a pigeon hole - was taking a picture of a pigeon when I heard angry shouting in Turkish which I couldn't understand, but certainly got the drift of. An old woman below where I had been taking the picture was yelling at me (I hadn't seen her before that). She must have thought I was taking a picture of her - she yelled at me and then spat -- I'm pretty sure she gave me the evil eye! So, anyway, I was pleased to see this farmer being so obliging.