Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunset and flower macro
Posted By: mer, 11-03-2007, 02:53 PM

hey all

this is my first post so I think I should introduce myself .... I am greek ... I am 22 years old and I am doing my masters on visual effects ( for films ) . I am into photography for like 10 years .. I started with my father's yashica and a leica ( he didnt want me to use the leica but I always did hehe ) ... then I got a Panasonic FZ10 ( which was OK ) and now I have a Pentax K100D ... I have a pentax 50mm f1.4 , a pentax DFA 50mm macro ( I like it more than the 100mm ) and the default lens kit . I also have some teleconverters , bellows , reverse ring and some other accessories .... soooo ....

two photos I took today ... nothing really special but I wanted to test some post processing techniques

The first is with the kit lens 18-55 from my balcony and the flower one is with the 50mm DFA macro Post processed to simulate a "velvia" look

Too bad the pine trees hide the good stuff...

Hope you enjoy and sorry for my bad english

Last edited by mer; 11-03-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Views: 1,260
11-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Mer,
Welcome to the forum. You have done yourself proud with two very good photos too. I love sunrise/set, I think its one of natures great gifts to mankind to be treated to a such a colourful spectacle...so often.

I was not allowed anywhere near my dads Yashica ....thank goodness for the didgital age.

Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Cheers.
11-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
mer

Original Poster
One more pic..

enjoy..
11-04-2007, 05:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome Mer, tikanis. Nothing wrong with your English.

I like the moth shot (or is it a b'fly) and although the first two shots are colourful and all why would anyone ruin them with "effects". None of my business probably, but I would have preferred a sharp flower instead of processed one.