Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Hummingbird video
Camera: Panasonic DMC-TZ4 Photo Location: Saugus Ma ISO: 50 
Posted By: charliezap, 05-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Just a quick 14 sec video of the hummingbird at my feeder.I waited for a half hour for a 14 sec video.charliezap

Views: 1,696
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting this Charlie - I liked the photo too - it is just amazing, so cute !
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Thanks for posting this Charlie - I liked the photo too - it is just amazing, so cute !
Thanks Kevin.They are amazing creatures.I'm going to go outside and stand next to the feeder and try another video.Too bad they only stay a short amount of time at each feeding.--charliezap
05-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Cute!

The little guys put in only an occasional appearance here, (I'd sure never catch them without a tremendous lot of luck,) but I used to have a good view of a neighbor's feeder like that one. (And sometimes they'd like pop by my porch to check me out or something. )

05-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Cute!

The little guys put in only an occasional appearance here, (I'd sure never catch them without a tremendous lot of luck,) but I used to have a good view of a neighbor's feeder like that one. (And sometimes they'd like pop by my porch to check me out or something. )
I don't know if this is the same one that I've had as a visitor for several years but he is very friendly.Maybe he senses that I'm harmless.Yeah--I get that a lot.--charliezap
05-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I don't know if this is the same one that I've had as a visitor for several years but he is very friendly.Maybe he senses that I'm harmless.Yeah--I get that a lot.--charliezap
Did you see the amazing shots of the woman who 'trained' her hummingbirds to eventually feed from her hand ?
05-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Did you see the amazing shots of the woman who 'trained' her hummingbirds to eventually feed from her hand ?
Matter of fact I did see the video which by the way makes me green with envy.--charliezap

05-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cool video Charlie, I wish I had thought of that the last time we were in the Rocky Mountains, we had up to 25 birds at a time feeding and fighting. We usually put out 5 feeders at a time during their migration period and they are drained each day. thanks for the view. Bob
05-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
Forum Member

Very cute, Charlie! Thanks for sharing.