Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Reflective Mood
Lens: DA 70/2.4 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Our Driveway ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-11-2011, 06:47 AM

After providing an (essentially unneeded) clay treatment to my car on Monday afternoon, I gave it a (essentially unneeded) wax job yesterday, with some new wax I wanted to try. One thing is sure, while this car may complain about how dumb its owner looks, it absolutely cannot complain about the treatment it receives.

Jer

Views: 2,571
05-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
jer... if you've got time to spare.. i've got a couple of cars here for ya to work on....
wish i had such a beauty.... some day... maybe some day..... be well, dave m
05-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
jer... if you've got time to spare.. i've got a couple of cars here for ya to work on....
Dave, that is exactly what I was thinking. I started waxing our 40 foot motorhome years ago, and by the time you get around to where you started, it is time to start again.
Jer, the Porsche emblem could use another coat
05-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Nah, Dave - Wouldn't you rather have a K-3 instead?

Tim

05-11-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Fine looking machine...but I think my Jeep fits me better here in Texas?

I've got a cracked exhaust manifold, so it goes into the Jeep Hospital soon......maybe your fine set of wheels will send it a Get Well card?

Best Regards!
05-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, that is exactly what I was thinking. I started waxing our 40 foot motorhome years ago, and by the time you get around to where you started, it is time to start again.
Jer, the Porsche emblem could use another coat
Have a heart, Dave and Bob - I got a ^&$%# boat to take care of, too. What the emblem really needed was a half-bright photographer, who would have had the sense to stop down a bit to bring it into focus.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by UpNorth Quote
Nah, Dave - Wouldn't you rather have a K-3 instead?

Tim
Good advice, Tim - Dave'll certainly save a few bucks if he follows it.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Fine looking machine...but I think my Jeep fits me better here in Texas?

I've got a cracked exhaust manifold, so it goes into the Jeep Hospital soon......maybe your fine set of wheels will send it a Get Well card?

Best Regards!
Rupert, my roadster is a good-hearted soul - sort of like a faithful puppy - so I'm sure it'll send a card to your ailing Jeep while it's on the mend. Indeed, it generally thinks of Jeeps as a friendly lot. However, it does snarl at our BMW occasionally, which of course calls for some disciplining from me.

BTW, you'll be happy to know that I have selflessly contributed to the alleviation of Texas' budget crises by ordering a vanity plate for the Boxster - I shouldn't spell it out on an internet forum, but I can tell you the message will be meaningful to sports car lovers. It'll also be color keyed to the car (whoo, whoo!).

Jer
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BTW, you'll be happy to know that I have selflessly contributed to the alleviation of Texas' budget crises by ordering a vanity plate for the Boxster - I shouldn't spell it out on an internet forum, but I can tell you the message will be meaningful to sports car lovers. It'll also be color keyed to the car (whoo, whoo!).

Glad to hear about the license plate, it was noted by me on another thread of yours, and that will finalize the roadster into perfection. I finally completed washing and waxing the drivers side of our home on wheels and took this photo to share what a real wax job project is. I still have to complete the rear bumper, wax still applied on the right as you can see, so I don't have any sympathy for Porsche owners. Got to get to bed now, to complete my task in the am. Bob

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
05-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep Jer, it took about 13 coats of Turtle Wax to get that shot didn't it??? Very good catch.
05-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Glad to hear about the license plate, it was noted by me on another thread of yours, and that will finalize the roadster into perfection. I finally completed washing and waxing the drivers side of our home on wheels and took this photo to share what a real wax job project is. I still have to complete the rear bumper, wax still applied on the right as you can see, so I don't have any sympathy for Porsche owners. Got to get to bed now, to complete my task in the am. Bob
Woooaaa, dude - you got my sympathy. Hey Bob - I know nothing about motor homes; is this vehicle diesel powered and do you have a generator to provide AC when "shore power" is not available? I assume you tow a car or truck as well?

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Yep Jer, it took about 13 coats of Turtle Wax to get that shot didn't it??? Very good catch.
Thanks EM - not quite 13 coats, but a fair amount of elbow grease.

Jer
05-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our MH has a CAT diesel engine, Allison 6 speed auto trans and built on a Gillig bus chassis. Think of it as a trawler. It has a generator, 6, 6volt batteries for inside electric with an inverter to convert from DC to AC. A lot of the interior innovations were borrowed from the boating world. We have a Sea Land lavatory, all piping and connections are marine grade. The interior heating and water heater is powered by an "Aqua Hot" system, which is common on many boats and it operates on both AC and or diesel. 2 air conditioning units cool the interior and a dash air is also used while on the road. The interior wood used is solid cherry wood,, tile and carpet flooring, corian counter tops and a satellite system for TV. The only problem is that it won't float, if it did, then I would have the trawler that I have always wanted.
We tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4, which is really great for off road excursions that we often take.
05-13-2011, 06:45 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Our MH has a CAT diesel engine, Allison 6 speed auto trans and built on a Gillig bus chassis. Think of it as a trawler. It has a generator, 6, 6volt batteries for inside electric with an inverter to convert from DC to AC. A lot of the interior innovations were borrowed from the boating world. We have a Sea Land lavatory, all piping and connections are marine grade. The interior heating and water heater is powered by an "Aqua Hot" system, which is common on many boats and it operates on both AC and or diesel. 2 air conditioning units cool the interior and a dash air is also used while on the road. The interior wood used is solid cherry wood,, tile and carpet flooring, corian counter tops and a satellite system for TV. The only problem is that it won't float, if it did, then I would have the trawler that I have always wanted.
We tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4, which is really great for off road excursions that we often take.
Sounds like a trawler on wheels, Bob - with a Jeep as a tender. We have the same type of water heater aboard Cut Time and an inverter for battery charging or to run the AC system (something we never do). Our heat and air conditioning comes from a heat exchange system (lots of water available) but runs strictly off shore power (120).

Anyway, looks like a classy rig, my friend. Don't work too hard on that wax job.

Jer
05-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I always have a soft spot for porsche's a delightful automobile TFS Jer

cheers
05-14-2011, 07:51 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for looking, my friend.