Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My 9 Year Old Son Shooting With *ist
Lens: Sigma 70~300 APO Camera: *ist Photo Location: Maryland ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: joe.penn, 05-15-2011, 05:44 PM

My 9 year old son learning photography, got a pretty good pic here. Straight from camera, resized for post...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DS  Photo 

Views: 1,851
05-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Very nice

I've also been letting my son have a go at it with a DSLR the last few weeks... maybe it's a Maryland thing
05-15-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Very nice

I've also been letting my son have a go at it with a DSLR the last few weeks... maybe it's a Maryland thing
Well, I let him use one of the K-X's a few times as he loves photography. I just bought him an *ist (last night) from someone who was selling one on craigslist - it just so happened that the person selling it only lived 2.5 miles away from me, and it was an older lady. The *ist only had around 400 actuations, so essentially brand new, had all the original stuff, packed in the original box, etc.. Today he was itching to go out with it, so we went out for a bit and he had a blast.

And yes, thats how us Maryland folks roll! We get the future Pentaxians started at an early age.

---
05-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That's how it pretty much started here. I let him use my K-x once or twice. Problem was, I sold my K-x along with my K-7 when I bought my K-5. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of my 4-year old using a brand new K-5, so I found a good deal on a K200D and let him use that instead. Here's a link with some of the results if you're interested.

05-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Ya, I remember seeing that thread, I think I may have commented in it also

Ya, I would not be thrilled either with my son handling the K5...
05-15-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
Inactive Account

That's a fine shot - congrats to your son on a good eye and a steady hand!