Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
yesterday's images... (warning - larger files x3)
Posted By: Marc Langille, 11-04-2007, 06:23 PM

The fall colors are nowhere near last years' vibrant palette, but I managed to get a few images that I really like from the outing on Saturday. I hope you enjoy them!

All taken with the K0D, DA 12-24, tripod, cabled remote, and hip waders...

Variation: B&W treatment, and a slight crop:

Cheers,
Marc
Views: 2,667
11-05-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice and worth getting wet. I like #3 the best. The color, the mist, the reflection everything works here for me. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by vievetrick; 11-05-2007 at 05:56 AM.
11-05-2007, 05:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I like the first shot the best - misty and moody.
11-05-2007, 05:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the third shot with the whole building in view, great shots. Awesome colors. Man, that lens would really fill out the wide angle side of my kit.
Pricey though, ouch.

Last edited by Eaglerapids; 11-05-2007 at 05:42 AM.
11-05-2007, 05:42 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Very nice, I prefer the third shot myself. All are super shots though.
11-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Ditto on the third one....Oh how I would LOVE to be sitting there by that bridge right now instead of my windowless cubicle....
11-05-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Number 3 is def my favorite and I totally have fallen in love with the scene Marc. Great shots and you're a brave man going out in to the trecherous waters in hip waders

11-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Love the third shot, Marc. Not much else to say. It's a real winner.
11-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marc, stunning as always, I'm not much for the B&W, but the first is very very good, and the third is absolutely incredible. I've wanted a 12-24 for a long while now, have told myself that I don't really need it, but after seeing these, "I NEED THIS LENS". It's all your fault.

NaCl(that's why I like this forum...you can blame your LBA on others)H2O
11-05-2007, 11:00 AM   #10
and
Veteran Member

Really like the foilage on the first one, very nice rendering in what seems to be challenging lighting. in particular the trees inthe middle of the photo. The foilage doesnt render as nice in the BW and thus I greatly prefer the color version.

Nr 3 is an even nicer shot in general, again I like the foilage, those yellow leaves to the right. The bridge reflection is also very nice. the sky is odd, is that a filter effect for the 2 color split?

Very sharp shots, am sure they will look great on paper
11-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great color, resolution, composition and overall technique in all 3! I really like the misty backgroud.

IMO, the B&W version of the first shot works much better than the color version, but that blown out upper left really kills both shots. They would have been much, much better if that hadn't been there.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Very nice and worth getting wet. I like #3 the best. The color, the mist, the reflection everything works here for me. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Vievetrick! Luckily they are new hip waders, so it was actually their first test, even though I've had them for a while. One cannot be too prepared in advance...

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I like the first shot the best - misty and moody.
Thanks James - much appreciated!

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
I like the third shot with the whole building in view, great shots. Awesome colors. Man, that lens would really fill out the wide angle side of my kit.
Pricey though, ouch.
I got mine when the rebate was $100 off the price. Still expensive, but that zoom is a sharp lens! I brightened the image to make it stand out a bit more. I'll post the original later on...

QuoteOriginally posted by scott-devon Quote
Very nice, I prefer the third shot myself. All are super shots though.
Thank you sir! Glad you enjoyed them.

Cheers,
Marc
11-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
Ditto on the third one....Oh how I would LOVE to be sitting there by that bridge right now instead of my windowless cubicle....
Thank you. It was a beautiful morning indeed...

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Number 3 is def my favorite and I totally have fallen in love with the scene Marc. Great shots and you're a brave man going out in to the trecherous waters in hip waders
Glad you enjoyed it Chris! Actually the slippery rocks made things VERY interesting... No dumping myself into the drink though...

Cheers,
Marc
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JamesD Quote
Love the third shot, Marc. Not much else to say. It's a real winner.
Thanks James...! Glad you enjoyed the view as I did!

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Marc, stunning as always, I'm not much for the B&W, but the first is very very good, and the third is absolutely incredible. I've wanted a 12-24 for a long while now, have told myself that I don't really need it, but after seeing these, "I NEED THIS LENS". It's all your fault.

NaCl(that's why I like this forum...you can blame your LBA on others)H2O
LOL... sure, sure... any excuse is a good one, right? Seriously, glad you enjoyed those shots so much! I will only hold YOU accountable for your LBA... face the mirror...
11-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, Marc - #3 is a masterpiece - are you using one of these new PP techniques that I don't understand? How'd you get the colors?

Thanks,

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 11-05-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: 'cause I'm an old idiot and can't do it right the first time.