Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Textures and Colours of early Spring
Lens: various Camera: Kx Photo Location: Algonquin Park, Ontario ISO: 50 
Posted By: tessfully, 05-19-2011, 11:54 AM

Spring Medley

We are finally rid of the ice and snow, and life is exploding everywhere I look. Here are some photos from the last week.

[IMG]https://idisk.mac.com/tessfully//Public/spring colours 2011/flowers buds.jpg[/IMG]

thanks for looking

Last edited by tessfully; 05-19-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Views: 1,753
05-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice series of new growth, I bet this is your favorite time of year, so green and beautiful. Great colors on your photos and it is always nice to see photos of the dogs playing and an occasional fungus shot. thanks for the view of the land where they spell color, colour. Bob
05-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Nice set of photos Tess.Spring is really coming fast.We've had a lot more rainy foggy days here in May with the temps only in the 50's which means that nature will bust out big time with sun & warm temps.--charliezap
05-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
HAHA, I knew it was Canada just by looking at the pics!
Anyways, great series!

05-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Tess - one of the best "spring is here" series showing "new" life that I've seen. Very nice job.

Jer
05-20-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ahhh, thanks for looking guys. I know it was a lot of photos for one post. Bob, the ice shot was just for you ... Charlie, after all our snow storm photo spreads it is really nice to share the spring! John are you Canadian? We do live in the "stereotypical" Canadian scene or rock, trees and water! Sailor, I am smiling huge, thank you so much for your kind comments.

Heading out today into the Black flies ... can't let the trillions of little pests stop me from trying my best with cameras. Life is too ephemeral.

cheers all
05-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
rhe
Closed Account

From one Canuck to another ... delightful set of photos that capture some of the essence of spring. Thanks for sharing.

As an aside, I worked one summer while in University with a geneticist who studied the giant chromosomes found in black flies. He loved to head north in May to collect samples and seemed oblivious to the bites from his target species!

05-20-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A great series of shots and some very interesting plant species there.
05-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the nice comments rhe and eaglem. (rhe, imagine having a summer job working for the guy! In the last two days the population of black flies has risen 1000 fold. I vacuum sheets of them off the windows after the dogs come inside. I endure them because I refuse to stay inside for 4 weeks, but to visit with them intensionally is real commitment to one's work.)