Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Part 2--My eclectic shooting day
Lens: 18-250 pentax Camera: k20d Photo Location: Milford NH ISO: 800 
Posted By: charliezap, 05-19-2011, 02:29 PM

After shooting my grandson's baseball game the 2nd half of the day took me to son's new living quarters in NH.He loves to cook and have a good time and we certainly did.The other people that were in attendance have never been exposed to a full sized dslr and they really liked my K20d and were amazed at the on board
editing that can be utilized to make a hum-drum picture a little more pleasing to the eye.Here are the final shots from that day-Thanks for looking.---capn zap

Attached Images

Views: 2,817
05-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I really like the simplicity of the first; an everyday subject and yet quite different than how one normally "sees" a dandelion head. Neat stuff!
05-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NbyNW Quote
I really like the simplicity of the first; an everyday subject and yet quite different than how one normally "sees" a dandelion head. Neat stuff!
Thanks for the comments.Sometimes a mundane picture that is usually forever deleted into eternal cyberspace can have a second life with just the push of a button.God knows that I have plenty of those.--charliezap
05-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Charlie, those shots are really cool, I always forget about the in camera editing and will remember it next time. Amazing the colors you are getting and the special effects are very good. Seeing the food reminds me it is time to eat, and thanks for the thread. Bob

05-19-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

you've brought some real photographic 'pop' into these shots charlie.... like to see some of those seldom used in camera filters being put to good use.... really made my mouth water too!! dave m
05-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Charlie, those shots are really cool, I always forget about the in camera editing and will remember it next time. Amazing the colors you are getting and the special effects are very good. Seeing the food reminds me it is time to eat, and thanks for the thread. Bob
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
you've brought some real photographic 'pop' into these shots charlie.... like to see some of those seldom used in camera filters being put to good use.... really made my mouth water too!! dave m
I'm really amazed that I haven't seen many photos posted with the neat effects that some Pentax cameras have to offer without benefit of any type of photo shopping.I think that in the near future that I'm going to start a thread for photos that have been enhanced with that Pentax feature.It really is a fun tool and it's only a" button push away" at least on my K20d.--charliezap
05-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Captivating filters and effects!
I like the vibrant colors most of all.

05-20-2011, 03:02 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Vivid colour, great focus and some interesting effects. It's like a three ring circus with something to please each and every one of us! Well done
05-20-2011, 03:03 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Captivating filters and effects!
I like the vibrant colors most of all.
Thanks John.As someone once said "when a picture is a lemon,you make lemonade."--charliezap
05-20-2011, 05:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Nice series. The effects are interesting, indeed.
05-20-2011, 05:35 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That first one is super cool, Capn. It's great to see you trying all this stuff.

Jer
05-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Vivid colour, great focus and some interesting effects. It's like a three ring circus with something to please each and every one of us! Well done
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
Nice series. The effects are interesting, indeed.
It's really fun playing around with the effects mode on the K20d.I really want to see some from other Pentaxians who have that option on their cameras.When I start a thread promoting those effects I can't wait to see who responds.---charliezap
05-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Thanks John.As someone once said "when a picture is a lemon,you make lemonade."--charliezap
HAHA so true...

I actually heard that for the first time while playing Portal 2!
True story. We don't get much exposure to famous saying in my part of the world it appears.
05-20-2011, 07:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Very Nice
05-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #15
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing these Charlie.
They're uniquely yours.