Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Face to face with "Buzz"
Lens: 18-250 Camera: k20d Photo Location: Saugus Ma. ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: charliezap, 05-20-2011, 06:53 AM

Not the best shots of "Buzz" but this was a little experiment to see how close I could physically get to the feeder and still have him venture over for a drink.I took these from 2ft away at 18mm. The second shot he's either giving Otis a high 5 or a hummingbird finger just to cause trouble in the animal kingdom.As you can see the weather is gloomy (50's) and that has been the case for most of May in these parts but when the sun and heat finally show up there will be an explosion of plant and animal life to enjoy.--charliezap

Attached Images

Views: 1,780
05-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey Capn - I'd say that feeder's got a "Buzz" on. Nice shot my friend - send some of that rain down our way, OK?

Jer
05-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots, I would say that he is showing off a bit. The Mrs. should be showing up pretty soon and share the nectar. Bob
05-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey Capn - I'd say that feeder's got a "Buzz" on. Nice shot my friend - send some of that rain down our way, OK?

Jer
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Nice shots, I would say that he is showing off a bit. The Mrs. should be showing up pretty soon and share the nectar. Bob
Thanks guys--Here's a stupid question at least for me.How do you leave a space between pics so that info can be posted.--capn zap

05-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Your trees and grass are way ahead of ours in growth. Very nice photos despite the limitations. We have a few ruby breasted hummingbirds at our feeder, but I have yet to capture the little birds, they are so quick and shy.
05-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Your trees and grass are way ahead of ours in growth. Very nice photos despite the limitations. We have a few ruby breasted hummingbirds at our feeder, but I have yet to capture the little birds, they are so quick and shy.
Hi Tess . With all the damp cool weather the greenery is really busting out.I have an extra feeder and I may put that out later on today.---charliezap
05-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There's nothing I don't like in these two shots and what a massive size that bird feeder is. or is it a close up and the bird is very small?
05-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
There's nothing I don't like in these two shots and what a massive size that bird feeder is. or is it a close up and the bird is very small?
Hi Em--The perspective is all skewed because the feeder is only 2ft away and I was shooting at 18mm on my pentax 18-250 so "objects are closer than they appear." and if Buzz is 1 ft beyond the feeder it makes the feeder look big and poor Buzz small.---charliezap