Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
C&C Please
Posted By: Sarahbell, 11-05-2007, 09:53 PM

I posted here before wondering if I did anything right with this shoot. (my first) I leanred a lot and these are my final pics after processing in photoshop. Please follow the link and let me know what you think. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to Adobe Photoshop Showcase
Views: 1,201
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello, Sarah

In my opinion, it is best to put the images you really want us to look at, here... in the forum. The link takes us to a few dozen images and they're great family keepsakes but probably too many upon which to comment.

I will say that my favorite out of the entire group is the sixth image... the one in black and white of your son. That is an excellent portrait in my opinion... well exposed, great head and shoulders portrait... and just a great capture. You did it all correctly there and this is definitely an image I would enlarge and print for the wall.

The fourth and tenth one as well have great potential. I think the tenth one would be better in black and white so that we are not distracted by the colors. Just my two cents.
11-05-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
and
Veteran Member

You have also posted a link to this gallery before, I know I have commented them before. You should pick out a very select few that you think are the best and post them.
11-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You didn't do anything "wrong" on them. As James said, they're all very nice family keepsakes.

The ones early on in the flowers, though.... While the flowers are beautiful and made for a lovely setting, the brilliant yellow sort of upstages the people and distracts the viewer's attention from them.

I hope this next bit doesn't come across as nitpicking and petty, because goodness knows I'm the last one with room to criticize when it comes to shooting position, but a good many of the photos seem to have been shot while straight upright and just tilting the camera down to photograph subjects lower than yourself. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but try experimenting a bit more with altering your perspective. A good photographer doesn't hesitate to kneel, lie in the dirt, stand on any available object, climb a tree, whatever it takes to get the camera into the position to produce a photograph instead of a snapshot. When you're after a shot is no time to worry about getting clothes dirty or about others thinking you're odd for getting into some weird and undignified position. When it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor, nobody is going to see what was going on behind the camera.

11-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I appreciate it. James, I think the tenth is my fave too. "And" I did post something similair before, but it was all of the pics. Like 200 I believe! None were edited at that point. This gallery was the Final (edited) 38 shots presented to the mother. I won't post a gallery again if it is a problem.

Mike, I do actually wiggle myself quite a bit when shooting. I don't care in the slightest about getting dirty or looking silly. It's all about the image being produced. I tried to get on the same level as the kids a lot in this shoot. I guess I'll have to make a conscious effort to do so even more next time. Thanks for your input.

Sarah
11-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wow. I just reviewed it again and I really did have a lot of shots tilting the camera down! I took so many. Maybe the ones I didn't choose to edit were more at eye level etc... Hmmm.. ?
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with other comments. Pick out your particular photos of interest and add them to your thread as others do.
I disagree with seeking comments on whole albums of photos.
It is not the intent of the Forums "Post your Photos, IMHO

11-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Ok. I'll make sure not to do it again.