Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Landscape's new growth
Lens: Pentax DA 10 - 17 f 3.5 Tamron 90 2.8 Camera: Kx Photo Location: Algonquin Park, ONtario ISO: 200 
Posted By: tessfully, 05-21-2011, 06:50 PM

(I wonder why my first photo does not show up on the forum. I must be doing something wrong.)

Took the dogs for a hike yesterday. The sun, shade and clouds really inspired me, too bad it wasn't a bit later in the day as I had a hard time toning down the bright new growth. Love the different effect between the two lens.

The first few are taken with the fish eye, the Pentax DA 10 - 17 3.5

these with the Tamron 90 2.8

Last edited by tessfully; 05-21-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Views: 2,027
05-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice images, that is how I remember Northern Ontario. Walleye season open yet?
05-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the DA 10-17 sure gives a nice wide view, I will have to put it on my wish list. That just isn't fair you have so much beautiful country to photograph, all I have is brown dirt, but of course I have the option of going somewhere else. Thanks for the series, great colors, a dog in the water and no ice or snow, life is good for you. Bob
05-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Brook Trout and Lake Trout are open right now Heirnrich, Pike soon, and Walleye in June I believe. The fishers are all up here now basking in the beautiful landscape, feasting on fresh caught trout cooked over the wood fire. I am glad you enjoyed the photos.

Bob, I have just discovered the joy of using that DA 10 - 17. I got the DA21 Ltd. which is a terrific pancake lens, then I was thinking, oh no, I need the DA 15 Ltd. now, but while Norman was away I took the fish eye and headed out to my favourite hidden lake (above) and tried out that lens. He will have a hard time wrestling that baby out of my camera bag now, and I no longer want the DA 15.

Under the wrong circumstances you do get a lot of barrel distortion around 10 - 14mm, but the first image above was at 10 I believe, and the landscape allowed for the distortion. If there was a tree or something close to me it would have ruined the photo by curving around the frame.

The colours here are just popping... vibrant luminescent greens, the leaves are so saturated with new colour It is hard to imagine I am not saturating the photos in the post processing phase. I wish everyone could see this lovely time of year in the Algonquin highlands.

thank you for your nice comments