Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Playing with macro lens
Posted By: J.Scott, 11-06-2007, 07:15 PM

I was busy this evening trying out my new Voigtlander Lanther Macro lens.
This is not a particularly beautiful shot but I think shows great clarity.
It is just one stamen and crumbs of pollen from a flower in a 'get well' bouquet my wife received recently.

I think I am going to like this lens!

(Click image for larger pics.)

This one is prettier.

Last edited by J.Scott; 11-06-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: updating links of pics
Views: 1,250
11-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
wow really close shots cool
11-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
and
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
I think I am going to like this lens!
doh! of course you are gonna like it, its the voigtlander 125 man! anything except loving it would be blasphemy

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
This one is prettier.

Very very nice!!!! Love the rendering of this lens and this shot is a perfect composition, fantastic shot!! looks like this months macro flower comp is going to be though
11-07-2007, 04:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Jeff, the second shot is just a perfect composition. Have fun with the new lens.

11-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the kind remarks. This lens has some amazing potential. I know the first shot isn't beautiful but to me it shows incredible detail. That brown stamen that looks like a muddy slipper is only a few millimeters in length. The clumps of 'mud' are minuscule specks of pollen. It impressed me as to what this lens is capable of producing. Of course the camera was on a tripod and I stood back to use the wireless remote so as not to make any movement near the table. I can't remember if SR was on or off for this shot.

I like the second one too, but it was not my first choice for this month's macro competition. (Maybe I'll have to rethink that decision. ) I like the way the red flower in close proximity to the left side gives a slightly pinkish cast to the petals on that side. Purely accidental, but I like the results.

Thanks again.
11-07-2007, 06:04 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Very very nice shots, looks like you've got yourself an amazing lens. Enjoy!