Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Dream in White
Lens: 85mm 1.8 Camera: Nikon D90 Photo Location: Omaha Nebraska ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F2 
Posted By: outsider, 05-25-2011, 10:03 AM

Well. This may be against rules, but this was shot with a D90. I was sitting, having a beer with 2 nice ladies I had met while looking for people to shoot at the beginning of the day. After a couple hours, I had pretty much gotten all the pictures I wanted and passed by the outside bar where the girls I saw inititially, were still sitting, having beer. I decided to stop and have one with them, after about 15 minutes, this lady passed by with a friend, both of whom had a great look for my kind of portraiture. I left the 2 ladies, I was having a beer with and chased down this lady here and her friend. When I pressed the shutter button to take the first shot with the k-x....the battery went dead. I brought a 2nd camera, the D90, which was sitting in the bag, on the table across the street with the 2 ladies at the outside bar. I told these 2 girls to wait while a ran across and grabbed the D90. I can only imagine what this would be if it were the K-x/Sigma 85mm, but turned out fairly well.

Views: 1,590
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Just trying to make out what the image is......... a girl perhaps....... I wish it had been taken with a Pentax (even a basic *ist) so the quality would be up to what we are use too.

Spyglass
05-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice! Especially since it's basically a stranger off the street.
05-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
Just trying to make out what the image is......... a girl perhaps....... I wish it had been taken with a Pentax (even a basic *ist) so the quality would be up to what we are use too.

Spyglass
haha, man yeah i knew i'd get some flack for the nikon thing. are there ANY people willing to give nikon some love in a pentax forum? if it were canon, it would be different, but Nikon?

05-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by outsider Quote
haha, man yeah i knew i'd get some flack for the nikon thing. are there ANY people willing to give nikon some love in a pentax forum? if it were canon, it would be different, but Nikon?
Nice shot from a Pentax lover.Nikon and Canon get a lot of love.When's the last time you saw a Pentax camera in the photographer's well at any sporting event on TV? Our day will hopefully come .--charliezap
05-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not a bad picture for a Nikon.... My go anywhere-live in the car camera is still my old Nikon Coolpix E-8800. Was absolutely top of the line in its day.
05-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I love the shot, very nicely done....and what a lovely young lady she is! I have a weakness for blonds....always have, but don't tell that to Mrs Rupert!

As for Nikon.....I've been on a few Nikon sites and they will just beat a Pentax shooter to death....or worse, completely and totally ignore you. Sympathy for them....I have none, other than the fact that they are continually cheated by a company that will not give them SR. They are still stinging that DPR rated the K5 above their D7K.....many of them are in denial....or shock.

Best Regards!

05-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hahah! where are you located where all these ladies just happens to pass by waiting for pictures to be taken while drinking beer?

Nice capture :0
05-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D4rknezz Quote
Hahah! where are you located where all these ladies just happens to pass by waiting for pictures to be taken while drinking beer?

Nice capture :0
I'm in Omaha Nebraska. We get criticized for not having beautiful women, but there's plenty here. They'd be surprised how many there are if they just hang out. They're everywhere!
05-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Well, I love the shot, very nicely done....and what a lovely young lady she is! I have a weakness for blonds....always have, but don't tell that to Mrs Rupert!

As for Nikon.....I've been on a few Nikon sites and they will just beat a Pentax shooter to death....or worse, completely and totally ignore you. Sympathy for them....I have none, other than the fact that they are continually cheated by a company that will not give them SR. They are still stinging that DPR rated the K5 above their D7K.....many of them are in denial....or shock.

Best Regards!
Nikon owners are screwed in many many ways. It's ridiculous. Like the fact that most nikons don't have the feature to fix dead pixels, instead are left having to deal with them, or send it in. This is only one reason I like pentax. Nikon makes some great products, but for each feature you get, they seem to leave something out. Pentadx gives owners so many more features, options and downright control.