Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Autumn trees - please C&C
Posted By: axl, 11-08-2007, 07:49 AM

Hi guys,
I had day off last week, and it was nice sunny morning so I decided to go out and see London's parks, trying to put in practice all the advices and tips I read in here and magazines.
These two shots are my favourite from that day. Both were shot in Regent's park with DA 18-55 + CPL. Secon one was on tripod for sure, but I'm not so sure about first, it might be handheld. Any C&C (or tips for improvement) are welcomed
TIA
Pete

Views: 2,365
11-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

First shot looks good, but maybe a lower angle and taking a few steps back would have included some of the sky plus get more of the tree tops in the shot.

Second shot looks great the way it is IMO and the only improvement would be to tear up the sidewalk and turn it into a mulch road for some extra colour!
11-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

very cool beautiful colors. you might get better feedback in the critique forum though!
11-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the colors on the first picture, but would clone out the 3 dark brown branches on the top right.
I thought they were power lines at first glance

11-08-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought those branches in the first picture were power lines, too. They're not horribly distracting, but it would probably help to clone them out. I also think I'd lose the sidewalk on the left hand side of picture #1. I like the purple flowers in the foreground...I like the color of the trees...and I like the leading line of the dark wall. So I don't think you need that additional sidewalk on the left. Eh...try covering up that part of the pic with a piece of paper and see if you agree. It may just be me. lol
The second pic is fine as it is. I might have tried using a graduated neutral density filter to knock down the brightness of the sky a bit, but that's only a suggestion on something to try...I'm not guaranteeing it would help automatically. Overall, both pics are pretty darned good. Don't you love autumn?