Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
R.C. Harris Water Treatment Facility
Lens: DA 18-55, Super Tak 35 f/2 Camera: K10d Photo Location: Toronto ISO: 400 
Posted By: Steinback, 05-30-2011, 12:47 PM

These are from the Toronto Pentax meet at the Doors Open Toronto event over this past weekend. There was very heavy fog in the morning and it still hadn't burned off completely by 3 pm when we visited the water treatment plant.

It's easy to see why the R.C. Harris buildings are often cast as a prison, mansion, or imposing corporate headquarters in movies. The more impressive upper sections (seen in the interior shot) are undergoing renovations and were covered in scaffolding.

Views: 1,687
05-31-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots, i like the composition on the second picture. The first one has quite a bit of atmosphere with the fog surrounding it, the building does give the impression of being a correctional facility.
11-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Location: Living in Vancouver, BC, born in Melbourne Australia
Photos: Albums
Have you thought about trying the first one in Black and White?
With the fog and some careful contrast adjustment i think it could be quite a moving photo.
11-10-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I tend to be a really lazy post processor. Once I get one version of a photo that I like I leave it alone. With your prodding I'll take a shot at a conversion when I get some time.