Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A Roller Coaster Spring, into Summer (DA 15ltd)
Lens: DA 15ltd ISO: 100 
Posted By: jsherman999, 05-30-2011, 09:53 PM

Our Spring: the snows left and came back a couple times, then we segued into baking heat, thunderstorms, funnel clouds, then rain, rain, rain. Today, a heavy, wet heat again. The report said we had about a 6-hour window between the morning showers and the evening thunderstorms, so we hit the big park a couple counties down.

Views: 1,949
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Great composition; really great stuff

It may be my monitor, or perhaps it's just the pp style used here, but overall they seem a bit dark. Still, sweet captures!
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NbyNW Quote
Great composition; really great stuff

It may be my monitor, or perhaps it's just the pp style used here, but overall they seem a bit dark. Still, sweet captures!
Thank you!

I do prefer things a bit darker than most, probably, especially with B&W shots. Which shots in particular do you feel are too dark?
05-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
Ash
Community Manager

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gorgeous images, all of them Jay.
You've applied the DA 15 in situations I wouldn't have thought of, and made art out of it.
Nice PP work and rendition in these photos.
Thanks for sharing.

05-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Thank you!

I do prefer things a bit darker than most, probably, especially with B&W shots. Which shots in particular do you feel are too dark?

For me, numbers 1,2 and 8. Though I get the reasoning behind the vignette in #8. With the first 2 images I feel as though I might be missing something interesting that is otherwise obscured. However, my first post and this one really shouldn't be taken as any type of serious critique; despite what comments I've made I do enjoy all of these images.

As with several other posters on this forum, I know clicking on one of your threads is pretty much a guarantee for interesting photographs
06-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Gorgeous images, all of them Jay.
You've applied the DA 15 in situations I wouldn't have thought of, and made art out of it.
Nice PP work and rendition in these photos.
Thanks for sharing.

Thx Ash!

QuoteOriginally posted by NbyNW Quote
For me, numbers 1,2 and 8. Though I get the reasoning behind the vignette in #8. With the first 2 images I feel as though I might be missing something interesting that is otherwise obscured. However, my first post and this one really shouldn't be taken as any type of serious critique; despite what comments I've made I do enjoy all of these images.

As with several other posters on this forum, I know clicking on one of your threads is pretty much a guarantee for interesting photographs
Thank you - and I actually really, really appreciate taking the time to give honest feedback. I think in the first two, there was very little of interest obscured by the exposure treatment, and anything there would have simply distracted, lessening the impact of the image. It may be that the 'dark' distracts too much in itself and cancels that out anyway, though... Again, thx for the comments, they are valuable to me.

06-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Man, do I love these! I dig the dark look of the photos - ironic contrast to the ususal "bright" look of breaking into summer.

Could you send some of that rain our way?

Great job.

Jer
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Man, do I love these! I dig the dark look of the photos - ironic contrast to the ususal "bright" look of breaking into summer.

Could you send some of that rain our way?

Great job.

Jer
Thx Jer!

Sunny now. Trying to get out while I can between work necessities...

06-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Great series Jay ! What is that Pixie Dust doing there in #4 & 5 !?!
06-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Great series Jay ! What is that Pixie Dust doing there in #4 & 5 !?!
Thanks! Yeah, pixie dust gets visible in the shots sometimes, annoying.