Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pattaya, Thailand (Part III)
Lens: DA 18-55 WR + DA 55-300 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Pattaya, Thailand ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Ash, 06-02-2011, 07:37 PM

Onto a further series of shots taken at the tourist destination of Pattaya, central Thailand, carrying on from Parts One and Two. The food available there is both exotic and well catered for the spice-averse traveller.

Nearly all of these images were shot from the hip to retain the natural looks of people.

Warm weather = short skirts, high heels

Their streets are lathed with sign boards that light up the night sky, featuring dance shows, bars, massage parlours and all the 'lesser' essentials of daily living in Pattaya

A Soi #6 brothel, er... bar, manager and her 'girls'

More of Soi #6

Despite the usual travel warnings, I personally never felt uncomfortable or weary of pickpocketers or any other form of theft whilst walking the streets of Pattaya. I can highly recommend this part of the world for a visit and/or a holiday.

The fourth and final part of this series, marking the end of the south east Asian collection I have to present here, will be released soon.

Last edited by Ash; 06-02-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Views: 5,236
06-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ash, I really enjoyed this series, the interaction with the people is great and makes it fun to view. The sign board photo is mind boggling, must really be something to see at night. Thanks for taking us along with you. Bob
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Bob. They certainly not shy of signboarding. But I guess they had to amongst all the rival businesses around...
06-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Good street shooting Ash !

Personally I think Phuket knocks Pattaya into a cocked hat, still has the seedier side - Patong - but is generally far more suitable for a family or 'normal' holiday and offers a plethora of things to do, eat and stay (hotels, apts, villas) as well as a wide variety of beach types.

Surprised the bar girls weren't averse to you shooting them (except one) as sometimes they can be for obvious reasons.

06-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Surprised the bar girls weren't averse to you shooting them
They were. I had the camera around my neck walking through Soi 6 and the women who would normally be all over any foreigner walking through were not only avoidant but also disgusted (Pentax-haters ). I shot from the hip for most of the time I walked these streets.

Last edited by Ash; 06-02-2011 at 10:37 PM.