Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sunny Day
Lens: Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di Macro Camera: Pentax K20D Photo Location: Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, Richmond, VA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: WillWeaverRVA, 06-03-2011, 11:41 PM

I recently picked up a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 AF tele macro lens despite reading mixed reviews about it (mainly because of the confusing way one enables or disables AF on the focus ring), and I was impressed with my results with it. I've only recently started relying more on MF to bring out details that AF (even adjusted) was having trouble focusing in. I don't have the steadiest hands in the world, but I think I can say I'm finally getting the hang of MF.

So here is a photo of a sunflower at the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden in Richmond, Virginia. The place is a photographer's paradise, I usually go once or twice a year. In case anyone's interested the original can be found on my Flickr (still working on starting a zenfolio page).

Attached Images

Views: 1,504
06-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You have yourself a good lens Will.
Enjoy it and good work on this image.
06-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot - love the colors!

I recently bought the same lens pretty much as my dedicated flower lens.
06-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you both!