Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Folklore
Lens: DA* 16-50mm Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Gau, Spears ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Fries, 06-04-2011, 06:52 PM

In the old day's people used small ships to get around in what was then a very wet region with lots of canals. Those day's have passed, but are still remembered and celebrated by a event called 'preamkeskowe". It's a combination of folkloristic games and a competition with old old barges. I was responsible for the PR and tried to document everything with my camera. Lensens used where the 16-50 and the 55-300mm.
1. Throwing competition.

2. One of the barges

3. The captain

Views: 1,249
06-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely pictures, esp. the first and second. It seems Dutch to my eyes, and if so, probably Frisian. Were they all taken with the 16-50mm? Esp. the third, but also the second, seem a bit longer than that.
06-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have captured both the feel and the spirit of the folklore festival. Thank you so much for sharing these with us. I liked all of them very much.
06-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
Lovely pictures, esp. the first and second. It seems Dutch to my eyes, and if so, probably Frisian. Were they all taken with the 16-50mm? Esp. the third, but also the second, seem a bit longer than that.
Thanks for looking (and the compliments) and yes you are right on both count's; this is in Fryslân and only the first photo was with the 16-50; the two others ones are with the the DA 55-300. I couldn't figure out ho to get that information displayed correctly within the format of this post.

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
You have captured both the feel and the spirit of the folklore festival. Thank you so much for sharing these with us. I liked all of them very much.
Thank you! Glad you like them!