Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some flowers
Posted By: davemdsn, 11-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Had some flowers at the house yesterday and decided to photograph them. Got a bunch that I liked.

The rest of the gallery is here
Views: 1,371
11-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
PS,... the ones that say "A series lens" are actually the FA 100mm 2.8 macro with the Rear Teleconverter A 1.4 x-s. The area in those three shots is about the size of my fingernail.
11-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi David:
I like the B&W you have posted but I have looked at your Gallery and I like them all the colors in the flowers are really great. the composition is very good. Very nice work.
11-10-2007, 05:13 PM   #4

Gorgeous shots. I like how you mixed dark with light. Great job.

11-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Ari
Veteran Member

Beautiful shot-love the composition, especially how the b+w adds something hard to describe to the petals.
11-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow Dave! You know you take such long breaks form the forum, but you come back with the most fabulous stuff when you appear! I love how the different coloured flowers when converted became a spectrum of imaginary colours. I look at it and my brain tries to give it colour but no it's gray! Great stuff Dave and I went through your whole site again and you added a lot of great portrait stuff in there and I'm jealous. You've really grasped the whole light thing!
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The shot is a winner. Really impressive. The graduation of different greys showed up very nicely
11-10-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That is a wonderful image Dave, had a look at your gallery and am impressed. You have a wonderful eye for lighting and composition.

Take care, Heinrich

11-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all very much. I visit this forum (post your photos) more than it shows because I sometimes just enjoy looking at all the wonderful photos. Sometimes I get something that is fun to show. I appreciate all the kind comments.

I went on vacation recently to Upstate NY, Washington DC and points in between. I have put up about 8 galleries of images from the trip. Some of it is just pics of family, but there are some fun shots of things like the Baltimore Aquarium, the Capitol building in DC, and even Chocolate World in Hershey, PA. Links to the galleries are found on my family web site - Madsen Family (the gallery section that starts with "Kline Farm"). One of the galleries was shot on my sister-in-law's Canon Rebel. I like my Pentax better.