Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Rose amongst the Buds
Lens: Sigma 105mm Macro Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Perth 
Posted By: eaglem, 06-07-2011, 02:55 PM

in subdued lighting.



Views: 1,105
06-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian
selar's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,042
I like it.
06-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,677
Original Poster
Thanks Selar, it reminds me of an old fashioned poster shot.
06-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,212
Now that's a cool shot, EM. Very cool, indeed.

Jer

06-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,677
Original Poster
Coming from a Master of subdued lighting it is an honor for me to receive such remarks!
06-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member
wcchamp18's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 764
Once again a beautiful image. Very nice detail and colors. I wish I could watch you and so many others on the fourm so that I could learn first hand from the people who take the photos that I admire so much!
06-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,677
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wcchamp18 Quote
Once again a beautiful image. Very nice detail and colors. I wish I could watch you and so many others on the fourm so that I could learn first hand from the people who take the photos that I admire so much!
Firstly, thank you for such an confidence building comment, I think I'm blushing.

Secondly, I think getting the right shot is only about 60% of the result, the other 40% is how you work the shot in the Post Processing program you use, I use Photoshop CS5. Every stage from shot to end result needs to be thought through until the results please the eye.

Hope this helps you.
06-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
charliezap's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: saugus ma
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,336
Nicely balanced lighting Em.I can't wait to do plant life with my new 100mm wr.--charliezap

06-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,677
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
Nicely balanced lighting Em.I can't wait to do plant life with my new 100mm wr.--charliezap
Thank you charliezap, and I'll be looking forward to seeing your shots!
06-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Bob Harris's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18,471
Seeing this photo reminds me of why I don't take photos of roses, I will let the master take care of that while I look for other things to photograph. Beautiful image. Bob
06-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 31,677
Original Poster
Bob you take great shots of flora as I mentioned with your lily shot so keep clicking as we'd like to see more of them.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Twisted buds mummarazzi Photo Critique 8 11-18-2010 07:18 PM
Macro Lemon Blossom Buds eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 09-19-2010 01:18 AM
Macro Two Lemon Buds eaglem Post Your Photos! 2 09-10-2010 05:32 PM
Nature Frangipani Blossom and Buds eaglem Post Your Photos! 3 05-07-2010 03:48 PM
Macro Human Taste Buds - macro yeatzee Post Your Photos! 4 02-19-2010 07:31 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top