Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My garden shots from yesterday
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 11-11-2007, 08:28 AM

Again form Long Wood Gardens conservatory. The shots were taken with Pentax K100D and the DA 50-200mm Yesterday.

I'll start off with a dragon shot from the new children's garden.

Next some mums.

One of the last water lilies for the season.

From the bonsai display.

Orchards.

Other things that bloom.

I hope you enjoy.
Views: 1,757
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi David, wonderful images. In first one from the bonsai display if you'd clone out the vertical and diagonal lines and clean up the lower right area a bit, that I believe would make an outstanding photograph.

Take care, Heinrich
11-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots David, I especially liked the hisbiscus and that last flower (lily?). And thanks for reminding me to get busy and process my bonsai shots. Sad to say mine are over 3 weeks old.

NaCl(can you say "I'll get around to it someday"? )H2O
11-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Truly beautiful shots! It is remarkable how good this lenses is for the price, or any price for that matter.

11-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Beautiful shots, I like the dragon and the first waterlily shot. Very nice series!
11-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

David,

A really well done series. I regret that I have not gotten down there this year. But your images have prompted me to put it on my short list for next year.

Stephen
11-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank You all for the great comments. These are just a few of over 346 shots taken on Sat. I haven't gotten all of them processed. Hell I haven't even been able to view all of them yet.
Heinrich:
Your so right, and I will take your advice. All I need is some time this week to really do some work.
Salty:
You really need to get your shots posted. I am very interested in see your work. The last flower is some kind of a Hibiscus From Mexico. A really interesting plant.
David:
The 50-200mm is the only lens I can count on to give me some of the shots I want. I find using it for most of my closeup work to be the best choice. In fact it is my only choice for closeup work, since I don't have another choice. It is a great lens for the money and I don't regret buying it. On the DL it worked well on the K100 it is a fantastic lens.
Scott:
Thank you, I really love some of my lily shots and this one just turned out well. The clarity and crisp focus along with the lighting makes the diffrence.
Stephen:
Let me know when your going to go, I would love to meet and do some shooting with you. In fact we could arrange a group shoot and have a great time with some of the others in the area.
Again to all thank you so very much.

11-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#3....

WOW... stunning color... now that's a keeper! I love my little 50-200 on my K10D too... it continues to surprise me with it's performance...
11-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent color. I really have to start using my 50-200 with my K100D more often. Thanks for sharing.