Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
HDR Chevy
Posted By: knumbnutz, 11-11-2007, 08:24 PM

Was checking the photos from this weekend and was a little disappointed to see some shots get ruined by background and lighting and, at the time wasnt able to play with the settings to get them right (because of people moving in front of the object).
So I thought about playing in the settings and going real heavy HDR which to my surprise i think turns out ok.
Tell me what you think.
Here are the HDR and original versions.
Thanks for looking. Cheers Neil

Views: 1,804
11-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
hm. I certainly like the original better than the HDR version. The HDR version is a no-go for me. Both are oversaturated, though.
11-13-2007, 01:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Cool

I love the second photo (HDR). That would make a great poster sized print for any car lover. The effect adds a nice artistic quality to the print. I enjoyed the first shot, nice shot of an old classic, moving right along..... Then I saw the second image. That one could keep my interest for a while because it shows off the car and the energy of the time period.

Thanks for sharing,

Spyglass
11-13-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I do like the HDR shot . Agree with spyglass .

11-13-2007, 01:21 AM   #5
and
Veteran Member

I dont like the colors in the HDR shot, doesnt look very nice to me, and that doesnt seem to be a situation where one would want to use HDR either, the DR of the original shot is fine.
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the Feedback everyone, your opinions are valued.
I guess the problem I have with the original is the dark grill and bonnet and also i hate the background, where as the hdr shot sort of blurrs the background, brings up the grill and gives the other car and the chev a semi painted look like posters of that vintage were done.
I can understand though if you dont like it as i am 50/50 on most hdr's.
On one further note I printed up the image in A3+ and two people wanted the image while it was sitting on my desk so i printed another and someone else wanted that one too. So I happy with it in that respect.
Cheers Neil