Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some shots from the garden
Posted By: Mikhail, 11-12-2007, 12:24 PM

Well I havent been posting much on here and this is my first post in this section. Been busy with school and other stuff which is rather annoying when all you want to do is go out and shoot!
Anyway I have 2 sunset pictures [ yes i know boring.. ] but I cant decide which composition works best... Also here are two other pictures from the same day!

or

PP for both - Shot RAW. Standard LR parameters with sharpening upped to 70. Exported as jpeg. Border added in CS3

And anouther two from the same day

PP - Ditto as above with minor cropping.

C&C would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by Mikhail; 11-12-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Views: 1,406
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots - of the sunsets, I prefer the second because of there being less foreground clutter. I find the roof on the right of the first a little distracting. The first might be better with that cropped out, but then there's an inexplicable round object... I keep trying figure out what it is, while the trees and rooflines are just foreground in the second.

I prefer the first squirrel - great position! It looks like it's about to jump off the fence and beat you up for having stolen its soul.

I know what you mean about school taking all your shooting time - even when I have a little time to pick up my camera, I feel so scattered I just know I'm shooting complete garbage. Then I left my camera home when I went with my father to close up the family cottage, and hadn't a tree gone and fallen on the ancient garage and smashed the roof in, and there I was with no camera to take so much as a snapshot!

Julie
11-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hmm yea actually now that you mention it the house and fence post are rather distracting...
"his soul"

Wow hope no one got hurt or anything!
Must of been quite the scene.

Thanks
11-13-2007, 04:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
So the photos are that bad? Surely some one has to have some form of critique for them.. Maybe I should of put them in the other forum..

Thanks

11-13-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
Inactive Account

I think I like the second sunset pic most...probably because it has the best contrast with a partial shot of the sun in there.
and wow that squirrel is dark! We've got red ones around here, but that one sure is cute!
11-14-2007, 04:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

The first two shots are really moody, a great set of sunset images.

The squirrel is clear and sharp. Quite nice too. I would prefer a tighter crop
11-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #7

Original Poster
Yea we only get black squirrels here. Its hard to get a good exposure with them! About the tighter crop, when my new lens arrives I shall have more luck! They were quite skittish so I couldnt get very close with the 18-55mm.

Thanks!