Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A little foggy...
Posted By: jmdeegan, 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Not my first pictures with my k10d, but close enough...shot from the Staten Island Ferry this morning with a very heavy fog. Unfortunately, the shots I wanted were gone by the time I could get set up, but the boat came in after so I guess it balances out.

http://gallery.mac.com/jmdeegan
Views: 3,055
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #2

not the best shots i've ever seen

but keep snapping!
11-15-2007, 04:00 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Remember that when you are composing your shot that everything is important and you need a number of ingredients to make a picture stick in someones mind. Obviously that boat has some significance over there so try and catch the drama of it by shooting it from a more interesting angle. Something in the background just showing up through the mist might help make it more interesting. You could also crop it more so that there is less space around the boat. A city skyline or some trees just showing up through the mist would look good.

Tim H
11-15-2007, 07:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
would that be for shot 1 or 2?

I was playing with the cropping last night, but got frustrated with iPhoto and Bibble to varying degrees. Dusting off Photoshop Elements and going that route tonight.

I was bummed that I missed the really good shots, as the ferry was docking basically I had a few seconds of lower manhattan with the lower few floors of the buildings all in fog. was a neat sight, but just didn't catch it.

of course, my wife called me a dork ("only tourists takes pictures from the ferry!"). ah well. not worried about it, I expected her to give me grief!

11-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote

<snip>

of course, my wife called me a dork ("only tourists takes pictures from the ferry!"). ah well. not worried about it, I expected her to give me grief!
Well, I take pictures from the ferry, from Brooklyn Bridge, from the Circle Line (only the tourists go on the Circle Line) and from just about any place else I find myself in the Big Apple. I guess that makes me a major dork. But it's OK cause I've got some good shots of "our fair city"

NaCl(it's good to be a dork)H2O
11-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I concur completely....too many good subjects in the city to worry about. She'd just find another reason to call me a dork!