Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Few for Henrich
Lens: 24-70 Photo Location: Glazier National Park 
Posted By: Jimbo, 06-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Henrich, after seeign your recent shots in Waterton Park, in Southern Alberta, I thought I would show a few from just across the border in Glazier National Park. Shot this week. Cheers JIMBO

Views: 2,519
06-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I always love images with great reflections so I am swooning over #3. With that dwelling on the shore adding scale and depth you got as much out of that as possible. Great shot Jimbo.
06-23-2011, 06:20 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I always love images with great reflections so I am swooning over #3. With that dwelling on the shore adding scale and depth you got as much out of that as possible. Great shot Jimbo.
Thank you Lee. I am sure you meant the 4th image though I do like the third one. That is a shot of Glazier Motel shot at about 6:45 AM. Cheers JIMBO
06-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Thank you Lee. I am sure you meant the 4th image though I do like the third one. That is a shot of Glazier Motel shot at about 6:45 AM. Cheers JIMBO
You got me. Never said I could count, just that I like reflections. #3 is for the texture lovers. Glazier Motel looks like a movie set. Maybe I can visit. Going to look it up right now. Thanks for the info!

06-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet images Jim, especially the second one and the sun did come out for you. Did you get a chance to shoot the falls that show at the end of this river?
06-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #6

Great set! The first one is sooo dreamy.
06-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, great shots as always, I appreciate #2 the most, as the variance in light really enhances your photo. Beautiful area up there for sure, thanks for sharing with us. Bob

06-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Sweet images Jim, especially the second one and the sun did come out for you. Did you get a chance to shoot the falls that show at the end of this river?
Thanks Henrich and yes I did. Will post soon. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Great set! The first one is sooo dreamy.
Thank you Neil. I really love that image and will be printing soon. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Jim, great shots as always, I appreciate #2 the most, as the variance in light really enhances your photo. Beautiful area up there for sure, thanks for sharing with us. Bob
Thank you Bob. I shot close to 50 shots at this location as the sun was coming up. JIM
06-24-2011, 06:29 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, these are stunning. I like every one of them. The first is etherial. The wave patterns downstream are amazing.
06-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #10
Closed Account

Jim, as I looked through each photo I was making audible Oooo's and Ahhh's! Agree with Neil that #1 is dreamy. #2 pulls me right into it and I can just hear the water rushing. #4 is just so beautiful and peaceful, wonderful job capturing the reflection! Job well done!
06-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jim, these are stunning. I like every one of them. The first is etherial. The wave patterns downstream are amazing.
Thank you Tamie. I like the first one too. Cheers JIM

QuoteQuote:
Jim, as I looked through each photo I was making audible Oooo's and Ahhh's! Agree with Neil that #1 is dreamy. #2 pulls me right into it and I can just hear the water rushing. #4 is just so beautiful and peaceful, wonderful job capturing the reflection! Job well done!
The water was so loud I have to manual focus and in the case of the first image I was a bit off which in the end I think added to the photo. The second one I just got the sun coming up. Five second later the shot was gone. The last one you could hear a pin drop it was so quite. There was a old timer beside me shooting with a old large format camera. So cool to watch him set up. He was also very helpful in showing me a number of angles to set up at. Interesting to listen to his approach to photography. He told me most people miss the correct shot by inches sometimes. Cheers and thank you for commenting. JIMBO
06-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #12

Really great! I love the white birch trees and reflective landscape below it. Very well done.
06-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Awesome shots all Jimbo but the last reflection image is my favourite.

Tom G
06-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Really great! I love the white birch trees and reflective landscape below it. Very well done.

Tom G
Thank you guys. JIM
06-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Wow! I love these. Magic to my eyes!