Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I was bored again...
Posted By: codiac2600, 11-15-2007, 04:43 PM

So it was cold and I was bored so here are the results!

Taken with random lenses and settings.

C&C is welcome!
Views: 2,751
11-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I love it when you get bored. Your water drop shots are always inspiring. But, the ring in the book takes the cake! Dig it!
11-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hamidlmt Quote
I love it when you get bored. Your water drop shots are always inspiring. But, the ring in the book takes the cake! Dig it!
Thanks Hamid and I'm starting to get pretty reliable with the water drops and hope to take advantage of that this next spring when the snow melts!

The ring in the book came from a wedding how-to article I found online and thought I'd give it a try. Looks great with wedding rings on a Bible!
11-15-2007, 05:49 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The ring, definitely the ring... excellent lines, shadows, etc.. etc..

11-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
The ring, definitely the ring... excellent lines, shadows, etc.. etc..
Thanks Marc, I'm going to be stuck indoors soon enough so there will be lots of getting still life images and setting up light boxes and such. Looks like composition is going to be the skill to hone this winter!
11-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All great and the ring is top of the list. The almost heart shape the shadow forms is very cool. I like the second to the last drop. How sis you get the star ( I assume a filter) and I think it is almost time to get rid of the pumkin It looks like a pumkin in the reflection
11-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Boredom can be so wonderfully productive. I write my best music in the middle of the night.

11-15-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh man, very cool pictures:-).
11-15-2007, 08:04 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Fantastic work. Perhaps PS out the tape on the ring shot. Fantastic concept and perfect execution.
11-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
All great and the ring is top of the list. The almost heart shape the shadow forms is very cool. I like the second to the last drop. How sis you get the star ( I assume a filter) and I think it is almost time to get rid of the pumkin It looks like a pumkin in the reflection
Lol, thank you and I do enjoy the ring shot and I'll have to experiment more with the technique and find out if anythign else makes cool shadows.

That is a pumpkin and it was a baking pumpkin for pies and was very delicious let me tell you. The star on the other hand is what happens when you have a small aperture and a lot of light. It's the light spreading across the aperture blades, no filter.

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
Boredom can be so wonderfully productive. I write my best music in the middle of the night.
It is and I also get some of my best work when there is nothing else to do and just do it because I can. I tend to tense up when there is something at stake and I plan ahead too much.

QuoteOriginally posted by Eaglerapids Quote
Oh man, very cool pictures:-).
Thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by blwnhr Quote
Fantastic work. Perhaps PS out the tape on the ring shot. Fantastic concept and perfect execution.
I was going to do that, but it was a test shot and next time I get a better ring and a real bible, have to dig that out of the book shelf. Oh, never mind, here is one in the ole bed headboard shelf unit thingies. Thank you BTW!
11-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Great shots... but the ring image is really clever. I wish I had thought of that.