Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some shots of a family
Posted By: dudlew, 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM

I had a little shott this weekend, and took some shots of a family. I shot these at late afternoon with the sun low and using the 360FGZ with a Stofen omnibounce flash for fill. The lens used is the 50 - 200 lens.

Just posting and asking for C&C., so here goes

Hope you enjoyed.

D
Views: 1,768
11-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Great job Duane and by far that first shot is your best. Perfect lighting and DOF, just missing the feet at the bottom, but you can't catch everythign while behind the camera. The others are good as well, but you needed a little more DOF to get everyone cripsly into focus for those group shots. Other than that good composition and images. Thanks for sharing!
11-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Great job Duane and by far that first shot is your best. Perfect lighting and DOF, just missing the feet at the bottom, but you can't catch everythign while behind the camera. The others are good as well, but you needed a little more DOF to get everyone cripsly into focus for those group shots. Other than that good composition and images. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated. I was a little disappointed about the narrow depth of field myself. It just took that little extra away in my opinion. I am learning and trying to become as good as you though, so bear with me!!

D
11-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I agree with Chris on the DOF but the exposure is pretty good for daylight with the flash. Good job.

11-16-2007, 02:12 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I agree with Chris on the DOF but the exposure is pretty good for daylight with the flash. Good job.
Thanks Pat.

D
11-16-2007, 02:34 AM   #6
Inactive Account

beautiful kids.

There's something going on with the hair in the 3rd shot - is this due to post processing?
11-16-2007, 02:45 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bonovox Quote
beautiful kids.

There's something going on with the hair in the 3rd shot - is this due to post processing?
Yes it is. The sky was more blown out than it was, so I selected it using the magic wand tool oin PSP X2, and increased the contrast and reduced the brightness (if I remember correctly) to bring out some detail. I realize that there was a harsh edge, but am not confident enough to remove it. I think I would have made it worse if I tried. Do you think you could make it a little more natural looking? I wouldnt mind if you tried as long as you tell me the steps as simple as possible

D

11-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

Really like your photos. Regarding No 3, rather than always try to fix things in post processing, especially complex procedures, why not just crop the photo and make the eyes the focus of attention. No one says you have to include the whole head. And beautiful eyes they are indeed! Just one alternative.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 11-19-2007 at 05:30 PM.