Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Traditional Swedish folk costumes, pt 2.
Lens: FA 77 Ltd Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Sweden 
Posted By: the swede, 06-27-2011, 10:50 AM

So heres the final set with my wife. This time its in her own dress. This one is quite colourfull and more vibrant than the other one i posted.

The dress is from a region were she comes from, so its about getting the right dress, and a litle patriotism.

The old feeling, well.... i tried!

Views: 2,853
06-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Swede, you have a bit of an advantage with this series of photos, a very beautiful model wearing a very pretty dress. Great lighting and photography completes this enjoyable thread. thanks for sharing with us. Bob
06-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Love shots #1 and #3
06-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Thank you for the photos!

I would like to hear and see more about the details of the dress. Here she is wearing a laced bodice. Is that a different time period from the previous photos?

She is beautiful and wears modern makeup (which she probably doesn't need). How does that makeup match what was customary at the time of her dress?

I don't mean to hijack the thread but would love to hear her response.

It is a shame that our styles have become universally tees and jeans.

Last edited by newarts; 06-27-2011 at 06:34 PM.
06-28-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments!

QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
I would like to hear and see more about the details of the dress. Here she is wearing a laced bodice. Is that a different time period from the previous photos?

She is beautiful and wears modern makeup (which she probably doesn't need). How does that makeup match what was customary at the time of her dress?

I don't mean to hijack the thread but would love to hear her response.

It is a shame that our styles have become universally tees and jeans.
I'll try to answer this

Most bodice's are laced, but of course there are many variations to this. Patterns, lace style and so on. And also depends on area origin. This dress is made in modern times, but made after the "standard" template that goes all the way back in time to the period when these dresses were most common.

This typical dress is very well recognize for its vivid colours and patterns. Also known for the tassels, many people joke about them as "goblin tassels".
Its a standard dress. Different gowns, scarfs and hats seperate the different occasions.
She's wearing the "un-married" hat, after marriage they add a white lace to the hat. If she was to collect all the parts needed to complete the set, the dress would consist of over 20 parts.

No... her makeup doesnt reflect anything other than that she changed clothes that day

Thanks for showing interest in this!
06-28-2011, 01:36 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think it's past time for me to buy a ticket and head over there. Great shots and I love the colour these shots give off. Well done my friend!
06-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
I think it's past time for me to buy a ticket and head over there. Great shots and I love the colour these shots give off. Well done my friend!
You should! Thanks!