Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
National Museum of the US Air Force
Lens: DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Camera: K20D Photo Location: Air Force Museum, Dayton, Ohio ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 5s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM

Great views at the Air Force Museum.

Views: 1,827
06-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tom, great shot, this must have been a very interesting museum to visit. We have visited the AF Academy a couple of times in CO, and we enjoyed it also. thanks for the post. Bob
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Very nice. I'm a sucker for the Dr-1.
06-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Tom, great shot, this must have been a very interesting museum to visit. We have visited the AF Academy a couple of times in CO, and we enjoyed it also. thanks for the post. Bob
Thanks Bob, it's a special place and it's huge. I was there from about 9:30 til 4:00 and got through maybe 80% of the real estate. I mostly looked at and took photos of planes, didn't have time to look at a lot of the smaller items displayed.

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Very nice. I'm a sucker for the Dr-1.
Thanks, it's one of the best looking planes ever, I think. Plus the way they have it displayed in the dogfight is cool.

06-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Nice shot Tom.

I know that the lighting there is not the best. I assume you used a tripod (The free admittance and being tripod friendly make this museum a double win). If you visit again, look for the information desk just after you pass through the gift shop and pick up some free tickets to the Presidential hanger (they take you out there on a shuttle bus).

Here is one of my favorites from my last visit.

Tim
06-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Nice shot Tom.

I know that the lighting there is not the best. I assume you used a tripod (The free admittance and being tripod friendly make this museum a double win). If you visit again, look for the information desk just after you pass through the gift shop and pick up some free tickets to the Presidential hanger (they take you out there on a shuttle bus).

Tim
Thanks Tim, and that's a great shot of a great historic plane. I did use a tripod for just about everything but the presidential and experimental hangers, they are pretty bright! I did go to the presidential and experimental hangers, I guess they are going to add onto the museum and move those over so they won't have to do the bus.

06-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shot. I love that museum (although it can be photographically challenging) and visited it often when we lived near Columbus and (a few decades later) when visiting my daughter while she was a grad student at Ohio State.

Jer

06-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Thanks Tim, and that's a great shot of a great historic plane. I did use a tripod for just about everything but the presidential and experimental hangers, they are pretty bright! I did go to the presidential and experimental hangers, I guess they are going to add onto the museum and move those over so they won't have to do the bus.
Glad you made it to the Presidential hanger. I hope the new hanger has a bit more room, as the planes are parked pretty close together in the current hanger.

Tim