Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Fireworks Display in Easthampton Ma. 01027
Lens: 16-45 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Easthampton ma. 01027 ISO: 100 
Posted By: vievetrick, 06-28-2011, 07:40 PM

So a story first (short I promise) I live in Easthampton Mass and last year the Annual Fireworks display done by the Kiwanis Club was not held. The Kiwanis Club decided after 34 years they could not afford the event as rising costs for the small club did not make it possible. This past winter a local business person I work with on the Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors said "hey Pat, lets do the fireworks this year" He did not have to ask me twice 7 months later and the Easthampton Spirit Committee put on the Easthampton Fireworks Spectacular. It was a lot of work for a Committee half the size of the Kiwanis but with their blueprint we made it the best the city has ever seen.

So as the Co-Chairperson of the event I was pretty busy (did I mention we had to postpone for 24 hours because of weather )but was able to get away and watch the show we worked so hard 7 months for, with my family. With the K5 mounted on the tripod and the shutter release I was able to get some shots I thought you would enjoy as we head into the 4th of July season (here in the USA)

Most shots shot in Bulb and exif info should be viewable, open shutter for anywhere from few seconds to a minute. I will say many of the shots where you see the people are fixed in Lightroom. I was amazed at the detail I could pull from what was a black foreground with the K5

Being the organizer has it's perks I got to go behind the scenes before the show.
Fisheye of the grand finale trailer

1.Phones and videos cameras roll on the ground.

4.One of my favorites

I also shot video with my K5 of the finale. I posted a thread here

or you can just watch it here

Can we embed the HD version yet?

Have to say I set up my Flip further back about 20 yards from where I shot this (with friend) it seemed to catch the Finale just a little better exposure wise. I still like this one as well.

Enjoy, or comment if you like.
Views: 1,524
06-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #2

Great shots! Cannot wait to shoot some this year.
06-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well done.
Sharp, crisp and nicely rendered.
Thanks for sharing.
06-29-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks guys, we have a few more events going on in surrounding towns so may get a chance to get some more.