Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Zero
Lens: DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Camera: K20D Photo Location: Air Force Museum, Dayton, Ohio ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 6s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 06-28-2011, 11:39 PM

Another from the National Museum of the US Air Force

Propeller Data

Views: 1,051
06-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thats facinating to see Tom,have got to get myself there.
Just fell in love with that pretty little schwiezer in background.
06-29-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I've probably been there five times and I still can't get through it in a day. There are so many aircraft that they are quite crowded in some areas. It's fantastic!
06-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I have visited many air museums, but never seen a 'zero' in person. With the long ss, did they say anything about bringing in a tripod. We haven't visited a lot of Ohio, but will put this on my list, right after I see my football team the Bengals play in person. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. Great shot and thanks Bob

06-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
I have visited many air museums, but never seen a 'zero' in person. With the long ss, did they say anything about bringing in a tripod. We haven't visited a lot of Ohio, but will put this on my list, right after I see my football team the Bengals play in person. Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. Great shot and thanks Bob
Bob, they do allow tripods, I took several photos with 30 second exposures, Most of the lighting in display areas is spotlights on the planes, otherwise low lighting, very dramatic. They actually have tips for photographers on the website.
07-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I've probably been there five times and I still can't get through it in a day. There are so many aircraft that they are quite crowded in some areas. It's fantastic!
I was there for several hours before my plane left, so I did a very fast walk with my tripod. Its very dark and the lighting is with spotlights. I had my 12-24 and did a LOT of 30 second shots. There are so many aircraft in the collection, it is really very difficult to appreciate all of them.....

07-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I was there for several hours before my plane left, so I did a very fast walk with my tripod. Its very dark and the lighting is with spotlights. I had my 12-24 and did a LOT of 30 second shots. There are so many aircraft in the collection, it is really very difficult to appreciate all of them.....

You could probably spend an hour on some single aircraft if you wanted, to find good angles, lighting etc. The day I was there I did not see many tripods, maybe none. There were definitely going to be some disappointed people when the see their photos. I was really puzzled by the people with long telephotos. Of course then there were the super optimistic people trying light a stealth bomber with their on camera flash. You've got to be prepared, and the museum is great with their photography friendly policy and tips on the website.
« Lilies | New Kicks! »