Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First portraits that will be in a brochure
Camera: pentax k-x 
Posted By: hockmasm, 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM

These are my first two professional portraits that will end up in a brochure. What do you think?

Views: 1,437
06-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good lighting, colour is good and you've got sharp focus showing plenty of detail. In all, you should be quite happy with these shots.
06-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
very nice indeed, well exposed! did you use camera meter or handheld meter?
06-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots. The slight upward angle of view causes the figures to exhibit an imposing or empowered nature. This may be intentional depending on the purpose. If not, I'd recommend increasing the camera height. A flat angle is always safe, sometimes boring, and a downward angle can invoke a more peaceful, welcoming portrait (which also may or may not be good for a business portrait). On a second glance, the architecture in the background also pushes this "powerful" demeanor, so I'm going to assume that's intentional.

Personal taste, but I'd tighten the crop on the first one a bit, although losing that dark edge may not work for the composition. Hindsight is always 20/20, but perhaps having the lady stand a foot to the right may make a stronger composition with fill factor and lines (I always notice these things after the shoot :P).

Technically, I see no problems; the lighting, bokeh, sharpness, and color is very well done!

06-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I used the camera meter.
06-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Nice shots. The slight upward angle of view causes the figures to exhibit an imposing or empowered nature. This may be intentional depending on the purpose. If not, I'd recommend increasing the camera height. A flat angle is always safe, sometimes boring, and a downward angle can invoke a more peaceful, welcoming portrait (which also may or may not be good for a business portrait). On a second glance, the architecture in the background also pushes this "powerful" demeanor, so I'm going to assume that's intentional.

Personal taste, but I'd tighten the crop on the first one a bit, although losing that dark edge may not work for the composition. Hindsight is always 20/20, but perhaps having the lady stand a foot to the right may make a stronger composition with fill factor and lines (I always notice these things after the shoot :P).

Technically, I see no problems; the lighting, bokeh, sharpness, and color is very well done!
thanks for the critique. i did the slightly lower angle to give them some power they are alumni to a college so i wanted them to look professional you know.