Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A Photographers Nightmare.....
Lens: Rokinon 8mm Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-02-2011, 11:10 AM

I have missed all you guys, and all the activity and photos here. No, I am not dead, but might as well have been dead for the last six weeks.
I started this bathroom project in May, a total tear out and renovation of my small personal bathroom (my wife has a fantastic bathroom I did 25 years ago). It seemed simple enough, and although mainly a plumber, I have been in the building trades most of my life, and can do almost any part of construction. However, I did not factor in that I am rusty, both in my skills and in my old worn out bones. For the past six weeks it has consumed me night and day....like a war between me and the bathroom, and it has been winning.

Finally, I am seeing a victory ahead....maybe another week or two and I will fly the flag of success! The tile setter comes Monday, he works on the 4th, believe it or not....and after that I can wrap it up pretty quickly.

I have barely touched my K5 in six weeks....that is the worst part of this, going that long without shooting is a true nightmare..... don't try it!

I ripped it out, everything...and started from scratch...
[IMG] [/IMG]

Helper.....hanging sheetrock and installing all new plumbing....and, and, and,.....it goes on and on....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Getting closer.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Mrs Rupert's bathroom I did 25 years ago....I did everything here, including the tile, and it still looks pretty decent 25 years later.....
[IMG] [/IMG]

Anyhow, I just wanted to touch base with my friends here, I have missed you all, and my K5 and shooting. My life has been on hold.....but I have kept the Squirrels fed daily and hope to be back here regularly in another couple of weeks. We may take a little vacation when this is over....the house is covered with dust and littered with fixtures and parts waiting to be installed. It has been a true nightmare.....

Best Regards
Rupert
Views: 1,509
07-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Looks like you've got it on the run; I couldn't begin to undertake a project like this, lacking both the know-how and the guts .

I haven't used my K-5 much recently either, but not because I was actually doing something useful like you - I just sorta lost the photographic muse. That muse revived a bit last weekend when we were visiting our daughter in California - perhaps because of the refresing temperature and even more refreshing subject matter.

Jer
07-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome back. You were missed.
07-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good to hear/read from you again Rupert! Looks like at least you can see the finish line already. I have an idea what you are talking about; we are living in a 165 year old house - which is still not finished Take care!

07-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
: This little guy is very relieved that Otis will be back soon. Bob
Attached Images

07-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I started out to fix a leak on a tub drain and six month later had a complete new bathroom. Rusty old bones describes a big part of my problem also.

Last edited by Colbyt; 07-02-2011 at 04:17 PM.
07-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Nice bathroom, but where's the squirrel door?
Otis is getting old, ya know...............

07-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Original Poster
Thanks guys, I have truly missed this place and you guys. I am not done yet, but can finally see daylight and hope to be back in full swing within a week or two.

While I have been slaving away night and day...ended up re-plumbing my entire house in the process....Squirrels have been mostly lounging out by the pool. Almost every day for the last month has been over 100F, with many days reaching 108+F.
Squirrels...they have the life here! Gourmet food twice a day, and nothing else to do but relax and enjoy life! Who says we are smarter than Squirrels?

Best Regards & good to hear from you guys!
Rupert

Tough life....
[IMG] [/IMG]