Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Intersting firework photos, no tripod lol
Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Texas ISO: 1600 
Posted By: Pentaxguy22, 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM

I took these in bulb mode, hope somone finds them cool and intersting!
Be Interesting - Pentax

Views: 1,437
07-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #2

I love the top one, awesome job ... thier different ...
07-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You did far better than I did and that despite setting my camera at the best supposed settings advised online. I had the tripod at ready. I tried the long exposure thing and what I got was just laughable. All I got for my trouble was a shizload of bug bites and a few stray light beams that did not so much resemble fireworks as those pictures they always tout on paranormal shows as evidence of ghosts.

I finally gave it up while there was still some vague hope of avoiding mosquito born plagues like malaria and/or West Nile disease. Maybe next year, but I have just got to remember to grab the bug repellent first! I swear look like I have chicken pox and I don't even have one freaking decent fireworks pic to show for it! ;P
07-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Had to handhold mine as well, as tripods weren't permitted.

Re: The obligatory 4th of July thread - Digital Imaging | DSLReports Forums

07-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
You did far better than I did and that despite setting my camera at the best supposed settings advised online. I had the tripod at ready. I tried the long exposure thing and what I got was just laughable. All I got for my trouble was a shizload of bug bites and a few stray light beams that did not so much resemble fireworks as those pictures they always tout on paranormal shows as evidence of ghosts.

I finally gave it up while there was still some vague hope of avoiding mosquito born plagues like malaria and/or West Nile disease. Maybe next year, but I have just got to remember to grab the bug repellent first! I swear look like I have chicken pox and I don't even have one freaking decent fireworks pic to show for it! ;P
Well you tried, just have to get the timing right, have to do right after they pop, see if you get any better ones.
I did these in bulb mode but did not leave my finger on the button long enough, I just take the photo as if I was snaping it and it would record for like 1 second and I get photos like this.

I wonder if Adam seen the top photo, I think it's one of a kind, I think he would find it interesting.