Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
I am still in China! (multiple added photos)
Camera: k20d Photo Location: China 
Posted By: tonyjayice, 07-05-2011, 06:35 PM

hey you guys!
for the past two weeks I've been in Beijing, China..
it's amazing and in this thread I want to share some photos with you, as well as perhaps tell a little story alongside of them.
these first batch of photos are a bit of a mix, since it was a long time from capture to processing.

I really hope you'll enjoy the thread and the pictures and keep visiting it, I'll keep adding photos as long as anyone wants to see them

some people of course are more different than others, a kung-fu master I must believe, everything else is just silly.

the light was shockingly amazing and I was surprised of how much DR I could squeeze out of the k20d, ofcourse with a little help from my friend, Lightroom.

some places even have great views

Last edited by tonyjayice; 08-04-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Views: 3,931
07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
no comments? common you guys, must be something worth saying.
I like comments
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very nice series of street scenes, I wonder if that is pollution in the sky or a fog. Not as crowded as I thought it might be. Looking forward to more, I am sure others are also, but many never comment, so look at the views not the comments made. thanks Bob
07-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #4

A nice series .. brought back memories of Beijing from the time I spent there 9-10 years back. Looks like the pollution has become worse in the last few years.

07-07-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Keep them coming Tony ... but my advice would be in new threads as often people won't go back to threads they've visited before.

Some of the street artistes and water writers make great subjects as you've found out !
07-07-2011, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Yeah Tony! These are terrific. I looked at them yesterday but did not have time to comment. I very much enjoy seeing the vernacular and peoples of far-away places. The first photo really grabs my heart, but they are all very good.

Look forward to more...........
07-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
very nice series of street scenes, I wonder if that is pollution in the sky or a fog. Not as crowded as I thought it might be. Looking forward to more, I am sure others are also, but many never comment, so look at the views not the comments made. thanks Bob
Thanks, Bob, sadly the mist isn't fog, rather something like smog. oh and the streets can be very crowded but some streets and sidepasses are not so. and thanks for the comment, and ofcourse the view

QuoteOriginally posted by eastbay Quote
A nice series .. brought back memories of Beijing from the time I spent there 9-10 years back. Looks like the pollution has become worse in the last few years.
sometimes the air is just almost impossible to handle and barely "air" :/ thanks for the comment

QuoteOriginally posted by Frogfish Quote
Keep them coming Tony ... but my advice would be in new threads as often people won't go back to threads they've visited before.

Some of the street artistes and water writers make great subjects as you've found out !
I'll keep 'em coming but I'll stick to this thread, thought I'd make this a bigger thread and keep adding as I go along, I'll be in china until august so it would be hard and even rude to start a new thread for every photo I add to the story,
so keep following the thread I'll keep posting more

QuoteOriginally posted by tessfully Quote
Yeah Tony! These are terrific. I looked at them yesterday but did not have time to comment. I very much enjoy seeing the vernacular and peoples of far-away places. The first photo really grabs my heart, but they are all very good.

Look forward to more...........
Thanks Tess! be sure to keep your eyes open for this thread, more to come!

I think I'll be adding to this thread about 2 times a week, hopefully more, but that depends on the number of keepers from each day and what will be going on.

Thanks all again for your comments and also the views, oh! and pop over to my flickr, if you like, there are pictures there that are not posted here, and ofcourse not all from china

07-07-2011, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

what a wonderful cultural travelogue anton.... a real treat to be part of your trip, dave m
07-08-2011, 06:35 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you so much for looking and all the comments in this thread, and I hope the photos will still have a small wow factor and also the ones to come.
as I said earlier, I wont be coming home until august and I really really hope there will be enough "keepers" and even more so, time to process them all and to post them.
I'm adding to the thread "a few" photos that are included in the flickr stream, since now there was a bit of time to post, and I'm going through LR so hopefully soon there will be even more.
enjoy

yes, the "air" isn't always of the highest quality..

some might think it's ok if it rains a bit.

but then it starts really raining, pouring and the traffic gets even worse, we sat stuck in a traffic jam on your way to the great wall, but not everyone were stuck.

but I still think we were kind of lucky to be sitting in a car, some might have liked that.

and then finally at the wall... and it was awfully foggy.. but nice light still.

takk fyrir áhorfiğ -- thank you for looking
07-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #10
Inactive Account

nice, vibrant and interesting to look at.well done.
07-09-2011, 05:19 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I especially like the shot of the guard and Mao. The erhu player looks like he's very involved in his music!
07-11-2011, 05:42 AM   #12

Original Poster
even more photos!

I finally got some (11 to be exact) photos exported out of LR and onto Flickr, after wondering back and forth with a few of them.
I've yet to travel out of the city of Beijing (except for Badaling) but I will be going to the northern part of china, hopefully in the beginning of august if not sooner.
I also have yet to visit the photo-mall, where I'm gonna be buying some stuff and if I'm lucky, even a new lens, and if I'm even luckier, keep my head on and not lose any of the little mind I've got (or money)

Well, not gonna bore you any longer with some boring talk and give you some photos to look at and even maybe comment on, and ofcourse be welcome on my flickr.

I know they are many.. but can you blame me I couldn't choose

have a great day!
07-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #13
Veteran Member

The 'knitter' is far and away your best shot yet ... wonderful !
07-18-2011, 03:35 AM   #14

Original Poster
Hi you guys!
hope you haven't forgotten all about me or my photos and are all waiting anxiously for more.
well take a deep breath and relax, 'cuz here they are, some photos from the last few days.

soap bubbles are fascinating things

things for sale on the streets

awful to see .. click on the image for the text

this Emu decided to pose a bit

I hope you like it these as much as the others and I'll keep posting a few each week or more often
07-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #15

Original Poster
Yes hello gents and ladies!
I am still in china and have been way too lazy to edit and post pictures :ugh:
but! I promised that I would keep this going, and I will.
I haven't traveled as much outside the city as I'd liked but I really hope I can get the chance to go see a deserted section of the great wall soon. I also hope I'll have the means to buy the DA 35 2.4 I've been wanting to buy here for a while as well as some flashes (Yongnuo AF 560)
but no more ramblings! here are some more photos and like always you can click on the image to go to my flickr and see it there

cheers! and keep 'em comments coming