Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Murray River Red Gums
Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Boundary Bend, Victoria 
Posted By: Bruce Clark, 07-06-2011, 04:35 PM

An 0ld River Red Gum on the banks of the Murray River at Boundary Bend, Victoria, Australia. Taken in mid June in the late afternoon as the sun was setting behind me.

Attached Images

Views: 4,172
07-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
beautiful scenery, gorgeous rich blues and a reflection to die for! Thanks for sharing ... Red Gum is the tree species?
07-07-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good serene shots Bruce.Very nice colors.A couple white lonely clouds would be nice against the blue sky but that's just me.--charliezap
07-07-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them as it is my first post.

River red Gum is the common name of Eucalyptus camaldulensis. A native of Australia. It can grow to a tremendous size and ageand is found near rivers and watercourses across Australia. They provide a favourite subject for photographers here.

Regards clouds, sadly there were none about and although they would have helped the large are of blue sky. I am reluctant to add any for fear of ruining the reflection. For me, the rich reflected blue of the sky is the main subject. If you look closely in the portrait image you will see the moon just above the tree line which gives it just a little kick. Unfortunately I did not notice it until pp otherwise I would have tried to reframe both images to make it more prominent. Next time.

07-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great reflections!!! Sharp!