Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Random People 7-7-11
Lens: sigma 85mm 1.4 Camera: k-x Photo Location: omaha nebraska ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: outsider, 07-07-2011, 09:13 PM

Last edited by outsider; 07-07-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Views: 1,538
07-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think that it would be easier if you post only the best 2-3 photographs, to allow more in-depth comments.

Food for thought.... expressed in a constructive spirit.
07-08-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it's the eyes of these folks that are so evocative.... some almost mesmerizing.... the smoker and the dappled lit subject are super...... you've got some very cooperative and friendly folks there... dave m
07-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
I think that it would be easier if you post only the best 2-3 photographs, to allow more in-depth comments.

Food for thought.... expressed in a constructive spirit.
Known. I like the pictures of that girl so much it would almost be an injustice not to post the good ones. Thanks for the Advice!

07-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
it's the eyes of these folks that are so evocative.... some almost mesmerizing.... the smoker and the dappled lit subject are super...... you've got some very cooperative and friendly folks there... dave m
This is just what i'm trying to convey! Most are very cooperative, although I do get the ignorant fool now and then that assumes I'm there to do unspeakable harm to them. Thanks for the feedback!
07-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
K-9
Veteran Member

I like the 1 & 2 pair of shots. She looks like Gabrielle Anwar of Burn Notice.
07-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
I like the 1 & 2 pair of shots. She looks like Gabrielle Anwar of Burn Notice.
I approached this couple as I was riding my bike back home from shooting people for a couple hours. They looked very photographable. As I began talking, I was absolutely tickled by the look the woman gave me. I really was laughing at her reaction (after a while, you know just what they're thinking.) It's hard to explain. It's the look like when you approach someone in a nice suit and tie asking for directions to the opera house and they're looking you up and down, not intensely, but very intently, like who's this guy? I didn't know people like you exist. You don't belong here. What are you doing in a suit and tie? Shouldn't you be in something more fitting, doing something else?" It wasn't insulting, although I can see why some would take insult to it, I just thought her reaction to me was a bit over the top. It could have been the fact that i'm black and no one expects anyone to approach them wanting to take high quality portraits of them and send for free. I think maybe if someone else approached them it would not have flied. You really gotta know how to work past certain things psychologically at times to make them work when dealing with random people. The woman softened up after just a few seconds as I talked and they were quite happy to pose, turn this way and that for the pictures.