Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
veterans memorial park....
Lens: soligor 20mm f2.8 'a' Camera: k5 Photo Location: ashville ny 
Posted By: dcmsox2004, 07-08-2011, 11:16 AM

first go 'round with this newly acquired lens....p.s. used a b+w rubber lens hood... tried to avoid flare

couple of flowers with this lens.....

Last edited by dcmsox2004; 07-08-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: info
Views: 1,381
07-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots. The lens looks to be a keeper.
07-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
thanks.... love vintage 'a' lenses..... this one's a bit rare... and happy i could 'land' one... dave m
07-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave, the lens has a very nice look to it, does it match right up to your K-5 or an adapter is needed. I don't know much about vintage lens, do you collect them, or do they have a certain sharpness or feel to them that you like. I would collect the cannon though, the gun not the camera, if I had a place to keep it. Bob

07-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, the lens has a very nice look to it, does it match right up to your K-5 or an adapter is needed. I don't know much about vintage lens, do you collect them, or do they have a certain sharpness or feel to them that you like. I would collect the cannon though, the gun not the camera, if I had a place to keep it. Bob
i've been a fan of pentax smc 'a' lenses.... the ones i can afford that is
this soligor lens has the 'a' setting.... just slap it on the k-5 and away we go... just have to manually focus, but using 'catch in focus'... (have to enable it in the cameras menu, and when ya turn the camera on, just gotta dial in the focal length...)keeping the shutter button down until if achieves focus.... really a fantastic bit of technology..... gotta agree, that cannon would look great in my front yard, but the wife my be tempted to use it..........on me !!! dave m