Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Official 50's Pinup shoot top images
Posted By: codiac2600, 11-20-2007, 05:49 AM

Alright everyone here they are in all their glory for you to see. These are the top images from the shoot yesterday and again I'm really excited about these and hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.

Again all shot with my DA* 16-50 f2.8, very little post processing and a whole lot of fun and chatter to get all of this together.

C&C is welcome and appreciated and again I'd like to really thank Stewart on this since this is was his lighting technique that really made the shots.

The B&W images are all using the new B&W conversion technique that I have been working on for some time and I think it has some amazing range and style plus it works well for the period I'm trying to shoot for.

For everyone else that gave me ideas don't worry I'm going to be using them shortly, especially Stu, I got a big suprise from Stu's idea and have set up an amazing shoot for December 20th because of it!

Thanks again and enjoy!

Start off with a kick!

And some more in the next post!
Views: 5,325
11-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Beautiful like always Chris,

I'm really looking forward to seeing the car pictures as well when you take them
(Women and cars what more could a guy want )

This is just an idea, and it might be a bad one.
How about using a film camera with some severally outdated B&W film on one of your shoots.
It might not work, however you may get some very nice results.

I would of course still use your K10, just in case it doesn't work.

I'm planning on dragging one of my old cars into the orchard next year, as a prop.
And instruction everyone to NOT cut the lawn around it.

If you have a week or 2 off next summer your more than welcome to come up here and have fun with it.
I'm sure that we could get a few models over from the close by cities.
Actually, I'm hoping to revive my PZ-20 for a few rolls in my next shoot after tomorrow.

To give you a hint about my next shoot it's a famous car with turbines

Hmmm, I'd love to come up there, but this guy just doesn't fly and am too deathly afraid to even try it. If I can scramble some time to drive it I just might and thank you for the offer.

QuoteOriginally posted by Duplo Quote
Darn nice work Chris.

I really am kind of speachless (which rarely happens)

You sure did turn out some real winners.

Cannot wait to see more.
Thank you Duplo.

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
Awesome shots, Chris! With the tie-dye pattern in the backdrop I tend to see 60's pin-up, but I like the photos just the same. Great!
Thanks Dave, and I knew I'd get someone to mention the tie-dye pattern, but I loved it so much and Ben thought it was a great idea so I went with it. I'll say it was 1959 is anyone argues the period LOL.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Hi Chris, there is nothing that I can say that somone else has not already said. So I'll shut up and keep looking at your seriouly good work.

Take care, Heinrich
Thank you Heinrich and I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures that you could say anything else about

Enjoy and I appreciate your critique or in this case your speechlessness.

11-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #17
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now dat must'a been one seriously exciting shoot. Luv what the model gave ya, and what you got out of her!
11-21-2007, 06:18 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Now dat must'a been one seriously exciting shoot. Luv what the model gave ya, and what you got out of her!
Thanks you very much!
11-21-2007, 07:38 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Great series Chris - I do like the B&W versions very much. If you like, I've got Nik Software, and I can try the old color photo filter on it - let me know?

So what promo are you planning... c'mon, details!!!

Cheers,
Marc

11-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Great series Chris - I do like the B&W versions very much. If you like, I've got Nik Software, and I can try the old color photo filter on it - let me know?

So what promo are you planning... c'mon, details!!!

Cheers,
Marc
Thank you Marc and I shall divulge all of that information when you arrive here next week
11-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #21

Photos: Albums
Superb shots! #3 & #6 are my personal picks as you have done a really superb job at capturing your models wonderful figure and curves, especially the hips and midriff areas!

Keep up the great work ;-)
11-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxFan Quote
Superb shots! #3 & #6 are my personal picks as you have done a really superb job at capturing your models wonderful figure and curves, especially the hips and midriff areas!

Keep up the great work ;-)
Thank you and I will!

11-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #23

Photos: Gallery
i would like to know the lighting set up that you used for this set up....thanks
your set are great....keep up the good work
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rjburgos Quote
i would like to know the lighting set up that you used for this set up....thanks
your set are great....keep up the good work
You can thank Stewart for the lighting tips and it was like this:

Two 300Ws strobes at about 20 degree angles from the model the main light was at full power and shot through a large hexagonal softbox, the fill light was set at about half power and shot through a slim rectangular softbox. There was also a hairlight shot through a honey comb snoot and it was a 160Ws power head at full power from behind the model and the same side as the main light. That was pretty much it and hope that helps.