Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Ontario Air Ambulance in Whitney
Lens: DA*60-250 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Whitney, Ontario, Canada ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: normhead, 07-15-2011, 01:40 PM

I wanted some pictures of one of Ontario's air evac helicopters so I went over to the pad in Whitney after the copter flew over my house.
Landing dust rises above the trees, from our porch.

Ready for takeoff.

Headed out, taken from our porch.

Views: 1,776
07-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Norm, cool series, they really stir up the dust. What I found interesting, is I thought you lived miles away from any civilization. Your property appears so pristine and buried in the forest. Looks like you are having another beautiful day. thanks Bob
07-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
hcc
Pentaxian

My fav is the 3rd one. Nice framing, good colours.

Thank you for sharing.
07-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

crisp, clean shots norm.... your home is in a beautiful locale.... dave m

07-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, yes and no Bob. Whitney is a town of probably about 450.. it has a lumber mill 3 motels and, two gas stations and a medical centre.

Here's a shot of the medical Centre behind the Air Ambulance. We have a resident doctor but no dentist or chiropractor or anything else. We have a grocery store and a beer and wine store (LCBO). We can easily walk to all those things in 10 minutes or drive in 2 or 3. When you consider where everything is, doctor groceries, wine, I'm closer to them than when I was in any city I've ever lived in. Walk across the bridge over the river, turn right two blocks and there you are. Highway 60 goes right through Whitney, we sometimes hear air brakes at night.

For more information here's a there's a map on this page. If you can find Witney on the map, you'll notice the park

For a rough view of the our location click here.

Going North or west, nothing but miles of bush and parkland, going south and east lots of crown land and Bancroft 50 mile away, going East, Ottawa 100 miles away. We have the best of both worlds here. I could live here without a car if I wanted to, everything is that close. I could also wander out my back yard, disappear into the bush and never be seen again.

Last edited by normhead; 07-16-2011 at 05:42 AM.
07-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Norm, that town is plenty big, the smaller the better we have found as we travel. I also hear Whitney has more attractive blonds per capita than any other town in Canada.