Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mixing pleasure and buisness-a reminder
Lens: 100mm wr Camera: k20d Photo Location: Saugus Ma ISO: 200 
Posted By: charliezap, 07-18-2011, 09:07 AM

Here are a couple of shots taken with the 100mm wr of the Ford collection that my brother had before he passed on a couple of year ago.Now for the business end of this thread.This is primarily for the newer Pentaxians who may not venture far from this section of the forum.My contest that I'm hosting will be over at the end of the day Sept.14 2011.There is plenty of time to enter and I'm giving prizes to boot.All the info is at this link to the contest.Don't be intimidated by a contest.It's good fun. Don't sandbag.Send in your shots.After a couple glasses of wine the entries may take on a different perspective as I judge them--charliezap
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/11568...rts-today.html

Name:  013-1a.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  147.1 KB
1/15 sec f27
Name:  003-crpd.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  139.7 KB
1/45 sec f13

Views: 1,584
07-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
[IMG][/IMG]
This photo is of the Ford collection that my brother had.The younger grandkids want to play with the cars when they visit--no way that is going to happen---charliezap
07-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice to see that your brothers' collection is being so proudly shown... dave m
07-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
nice to see that your brothers' collection is being so proudly shown... dave m
Thanks much Dave.He was very fond of the set.
I just did an inventory of the contest and so far there are only 40 entries submitted by only 22 different people.Not really a big showing so far although over 9400 people have visted the thread.) I noticed that many people who post here on a regular basis haven't sent in a shot as of yet.The judge is a personal friend of mine and an all around nice guy so I would imagine that he wouldn't be too critical on the entries submitted especially after sipping on a glass of " nectar of the gods."--charliezap

Last edited by charliezap; 07-19-2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: addition
07-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting collection - I'll bet I would have liked your brother.

I'll keep my eye out for a Pulitzer shot - it's raining here today (a news making event these days), so maybe I'll shoot a puddle .

Jer
07-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Interesting collection - I'll bet I would have liked your brother.

I'll keep my eye out for a Pulitzer shot - it's raining here today (a news making event these days), so maybe I'll shoot a puddle .

Jer
You Em-Dave-Jimbo -Tom-Rupert-and some others that are regular posters should enter for the fun of it.Consider it a fun project and who knows maybe someone may walk away with braggin' rights.--charliezap
07-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
charliezap, that are good pictures of a very nice collection and do keep the younger grand kids away.....as for the contest, older non Pentax images acceptable? Just for the fun of it of course.

07-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thanks for the information, first time I have seen this, I will put in some different photos of our travels that mind be of interest. thanks Bob
07-20-2011, 04:43 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
charliezap, that are good pictures of a very nice collection and do keep the younger grand kids away.....as for the contest, older non Pentax images acceptable? Just for the fun of it of course.
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
thanks for the information, first time I have seen this, I will put in some different photos of our travels that mind be of interest. thanks Bob
Plenty of time left to submit shots.Any images acceptable that convey the theme.Good luck guys.---charliezap