Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
wedding bride
Posted By: rjburgos, 11-21-2007, 09:42 PM

here is a shot on a wedding shot i made.........comments and critics are welcome

Attached Images

Views: 1,173
11-21-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well... here's my comment. While I like the smile on the bride, I find the flowers too bright and distracting. She should be the focal point... the entire subject of interest but I find that the flowers are competing for my interest. Secondly, I also find the veil too distracting. I can't see her well enough. I know that brides wear veils but for a portrait, I'd lift the veil so I can fully see the bride. Now mind you... this is just my own personal opinion. I'm sure there are others here who would have other opinions on the issue of both the flowers and the veil. One last thing: I can't see her eyes. There's no high-lights in her eyes. Her eyes are the gateway to her soul and I can't see them mainly because of that veil.
11-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Re:

For what its worth, the flowers were out of focus. Its just that the colors may have been too saturated for the white colors of the veil, etc.

Maybe, do a desaturate colors (on the flowers only) in PP?

Anyway, It must have been hard to focus on the face with the veil in the way, although I would think since the veil and the face were close enough together that they would both be sharp...