Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Situation.....
Lens: Tokina 28-70 ATX AF2.8 Camera: K5 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 12800 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Rupert, 07-22-2011, 07:21 PM

You hear all sorts of things about the K5......the good, the bad, and the ugly. I suspect they might all be right just depending on the particular K5 in question, but if you have a good copy, it is indeed a fun and amazing camera to use.

Situation: You're in business office, medium to poor lighting, and want to get a snap of a pretty girl....but don't want to use flash and have it scatter all over the bank lobby.......Your subject is moving about a little, as people do.....so you need some speed, being a hand held shot, no flash. Having your K5 in TAv mode, you just dial in the speed you need and the aperture you want to use and let the K5 do the ISO for you......
Will you get a usable shot?

I took six quick snaps...all ended up at ISO 12,800 and all were reasonably usable. Love my K5!

What do you think Kathy...will it work?
[IMG] [/IMG]

What have we got to lose?
[IMG] [/IMG]

Let's try it.....I will never tell!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Looky there! It worked just fine! The K5, once again it delivers for old Rupert!

[IMG] [/IMG]

I got the K5 to have fun....and it does indeed deliver in that respect......just relax and shoot, it will handle it!

Best Regards!

No...I was not cheating on Mrs Rupert or even thinking of it......anyhow, who would cheat with an old guy that smells like Squirrels?
Views: 1,703
07-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice series of shots here Rupert, glad to see you are making great use of that K-5 of yours.
07-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
...anyhow, who would cheat with an old guy that smells like Squirrels?
Squirrels would !

Greetings
07-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Eaglem....and I am having tons of fun with the K5!

That's sad...."Squirrels would".......fact is they are known to refer to me as the "Big Ugly" and I have caught them laughing at me behind my back...but not at feeding time!
If you ever watch the Red Green show, one of my favorites for just plain foolishness, then you know that if you can't be handsome, at least be handy. I'm right handy...sometimes.....
‪red green show episodes‬‏ - YouTube

I just finished this bathroom this week...Mrs Rupert says I can now stick around a little while longer....I appreciate that!

Tore out everything and started from scratch...
[IMG] [/IMG]

It almost killed me, but it is as close to perfection as I will ever get. Being handy has its advantages. You not only get to do all the hard work, you get to pay for it too!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards & Thanks for dropping in my thread!

07-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You must be mrs. Rupert's first and only choice! That's a great piece of work, a lovely bathroom!
And now for some seriousness work for the K-5 in the new wonderfully attractive bathroom. No ugly flash needed .
07-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
You must be mrs. Rupert's first and only choice! That's a great piece of work, a lovely bathroom!
And now for some seriousness work for the K-5 in the new wonderfully attractive bathroom. No ugly flash needed .
Here you go...no ugly flash! Rokinon 8mm......I did the best I could with it!
[IMG] [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards & Thanks!
07-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jeeze, you are not one of those who never closes the lid, are you?

Greetings

07-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Guess you like it, ha?

Greetings and all
07-23-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Greetings
Up and ready...be prepared....why is it that women always complain of the seat being left up, when it is no harder for them to close it than it is for men? Just wondering? Do we owe them something since they have "missing parts"....not that I would want them to have the parts they are missing......that wouldn't work out for me....and sure wouldn't for Otis!

Best Regards!
07-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Up and ready...be prepared....why is it that women always complain of the seat being left up, when it is no harder for them to close it than it is for men? Just wondering? Do we owe them something since they have "missing parts"....not that I would want them to have the parts they are missing......that wouldn't work out for me....and sure wouldn't for Otis!

Best Regards!
Hi
Since I am one of those with "parts" I can't answer your question but my sister in law is the culprit in this regard, must check for parts do you think?

Greetings
07-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi
Since I am one of those with "parts" I can't answer your question but my sister in law is the culprit in this regard, must check for parts do you think?

Greetings
That might be very risky......and could result in you becoming one...."without parts". I wouldn't try it, but Otis.....you know Otis...he says go for it!

Regards!
07-24-2011, 11:09 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice series of the lady and great work on the bathroom. You appear to be a craftsman at carpentry, painting, plumbing (of course), masonry, and squirrels - as well as at photography.

Jer
07-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I keep waiting for the price to drop a bit more.Screw it. Life's too short--I should pull the trigger. Are the ones from Adorama good copies now?--charliezap
07-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
I keep waiting for the price to drop a bit more.Screw it. Life's too short--I should pull the trigger. Are the ones from Adorama good copies now?--charliezap
Charlie, they are good at Adorama or B&H, both fine sellers. There are other places too....Amazon is safe if you buy what they guarantee.

The K5 is just plain fun to use, and although it is not without need for you to do some learning, it is fast to learn. What a camera! Juat amazing!

Jer, I am well skilled at carpentry, but a little rough at it after many years of mostly plumbing, still fine with plumbing, and indeed great with handling Squirrels...but the photography is sort of hit and miss.....leaning toward miss far too often. But.....I appreciate the kind words anyhow!

Best Regards!
Rupert
07-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Come on Rupert have some freaking fun will ya