Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Haystacking
Lens: Sigma 10-20 mm f/4-f.5.6 Camera: K200D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: KarenH, 07-23-2011, 06:22 AM

Took this picture last year and had it printed this year to hang it (amongst some other shots) in the rooms of our guests (we own a Bed & Breakfast in Piemonte), with the possibility for them to buy the pictures.

A couple of weeks ago I sold this one, feels real good, since I don't have a lot of inspiration lately and hardly like what I'm taking pictures of.
Sadly enough the PPG didn't find it interesting enough and declined the shot. Ah well, life still goes on

Views: 1,120
07-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love it Karen! The hay...thing in front gives depth... It reminds me at autumn though, a phenomenon that approaches much too fast for my liking ....
07-23-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Bad LBA case
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Love it Karen! The hay...thing in front gives depth... It reminds me at autumn though, a phenomenon that approaches much too fast for my liking ....
plus one
07-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
plus one
Thanks, guys.
I took it in July, so fall was still far far away. But I agree, time flies.

07-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, I really like this! I'm shocked the PPG declined it. It's much better than the hay bale one submitted that they accepted. Who knows what they think sometimes?

The black and white treatment and the sloping hill really add to the shot.
07-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Wow, I really like this! I'm shocked the PPG declined it. It's much better than the hay bale one submitted that they accepted. Who knows what they think sometimes?

The black and white treatment and the sloping hill really add to the shot.
Thanks

I don't know what the PPG is thinking, but I sure can tell you I've had enough of the PPG. Seeing things that are accepted that don't look more than a family snap shot and knowing (not especially mine) that they decline shots that aren't the average ones goes beyond me.
07-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe we should start a new thread. PPG Rejects SOLD. Congratulations on a nice piece of work. Was this an edition of one or did you print another to take up the vacant space? : )
07-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KarenH Quote
Thanks

I don't know what the PPG is thinking, but I sure can tell you I've had enough of the PPG. Seeing things that are accepted that don't look more than a family snap shot and knowing (not especially mine) that they decline shots that aren't the average ones goes beyond me.
LOL, I left out a word in my post. The hay bale one I submitted. As I said, yours is way better and I can't understand how it could've been declined.

It's very nice to get photos in there, especially nice for a beginner such as me, but when I see the ones that get left out, I feel sometimes it's all kind of random.

07-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
Maybe we should start a new thread. PPG Rejects SOLD. Congratulations on a nice piece of work. Was this an edition of one or did you print another to take up the vacant space? : )
Thanks. That sounds like a great thread to me.
I sold a larger version (50 x 70 cm) than the one on the wall (30 x 45 cm), so the one in the room is still there.

QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
LOL, I left out a word in my post. The hay bale one I submitted. As I said, yours is way better and I can't understand how it could've been declined.

It's very nice to get photos in there, especially nice for a beginner such as me, but when I see the ones that get left out, I feel sometimes it's all kind of random.
Of course it's great to have your shot accepted, but once having a shot accepted in the PPG was special and nowadays it's not anymore, imo. I'm not saying I'm that great of a photographer and every time one was accepted I was pleasantly surprised.