Lens: Tamron 70-200 Camera: K20D Photo Location: Elk Island 
Posted By: daacon, 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Well the title kind of says it all. Can you guess which is which

Views: 1,574
07-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dave, I thought you were going to include a photo of yourself with a coyote. Where the heck have you been, lost on Elk Island?
07-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, I thought you were going to include a photo of yourself with a coyote. Where the heck have you been, lost on Elk Island?
haha I considered that believe me. It been a long few months and the details are not really all that interesting to most . I managed to get out today and plan to get back at it now that 'things' seem to have setlled down. Thanks for the comments Bob.
07-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey man, I know nothing about one animal from another - I'm sorta buffaloed as to which is which.

Jer

07-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
They are both pretty ugly really; I suppose a freshly shampooed and brushed version of a coyote might be nice looking but in real life they always seem mangy & sick. Not at all like your Red Fox (they always look GREAT - I think they shampoo & put on eyeliner before they go out).

That Bison is pretty darned good looking - for a Bison - but that's not saying a lot. Usually they have even larger clumps of hair falling off and look even more ratty & crazed - this one's eyes don't look quite crazed enough* - could you add a highlight and red rim?

I'm betting the coyote's strategy is to look so bad that prey doesn't consider him a threat.

*actually it looks like the bison is stoned - s/he's been eating the wrong grass maybe?

Last edited by newarts; 07-24-2011 at 05:28 PM.
07-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's been a little while since I've seen a coyote in my neighborhood and even longer for a bison--charliezap
07-25-2011, 05:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey man, I know nothing about one animal from another - I'm sorta buffaloed as to which is which.
Jer
THnaks Jer, I think the Coyote is the one that chases the Road Runner Beep Beep

QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
They are both pretty ugly really; I suppose a freshly shampooed and brushed version of a coyote might be nice looking but in real life they always seem mangy & sick. Not at all like your Red Fox (they always look GREAT - I think they shampoo & put on eyeliner before they go out).

That Bison is pretty darned good looking - for a Bison - but that's not saying a lot. Usually they have even larger clumps of hair falling off and look even more ratty & crazed - this one's eyes don't look quite crazed enough* - could you add a highlight and red rim?

I'm betting the coyote's strategy is to look so bad that prey doesn't consider him a threat.

*actually it looks like the bison is stoned - s/he's been eating the wrong grass maybe?
haha thanks newart - we have had soo much moisture food is not an issue - however it m ay be the 1 million moisquitoe's that are causing the stoned look.

QuoteOriginally posted by charliezap Quote
It's been a little while since I've seen a coyote in my neighborhood and even longer for a bison--charliezap
Thanks Charlie - I don't often see a coyote out there just got lucky as for Bision well it's their National Park - I oftern forget they are wild beast that if provoked could run through me like a hot knife through butter

07-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:

07-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
haha I can certainly see why that handsome devil is in your keeper pile, this is why I like to stand on the other end of a camera .........
07-25-2011, 07:45 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Holding that Pentax kinda softens the image. ; )
07-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
Holding that Pentax kinda softens the image. ; )
haha as much as I hate to bump this to the top (it needs to be burried deep) , I'll thank you for commenting.