Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Few from Today
Lens: 24-70 Photo Location: Maple Ridge ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Jimbo, 07-24-2011, 09:08 PM

Shot these three just as the sun was rising. Cheers JIMBO

Views: 1,091
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
#3 looks great. Love the way the 'slab' leads out into the water with the markings on the slab, the splash of green on the left, and the disappearing creek...
07-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, #2 with the reflection gives this photo a true 3D look to it. Two things I want to do one day, take a photo as good as yours and second is to get up early enough in the morning to be able to do so. take care, great shots Bob
07-25-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very peaceful tranquil shots Jim.--charliezap

07-25-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I also think #3 is the best of of the all star line up.
07-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
3 looks great. Love the way the 'slab' leads out into the water with the markings on the slab, the splash of green on the left, and the disappearing creek...

QuoteQuote:
Jim, #2 with the reflection gives this photo a true 3D look to it. Two things I want to do one day, take a photo as good as yours and second is to get up early enough in the morning to be able to do so. take care, great shots Bob
Thank you Bob. I was so peaceful shooting here. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Very peaceful tranquil shots Jim.--charliezap
Thank you Charlie. JIM

QuoteQuote:
I also think #3 is the best of of the all star line up.
Thanks Bud. JIM
07-25-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like the 2nd shot best. The detail from top to bottom keeps interest. The bottom half or so with the water flowing between the two boulders cropped could almost pass for an aerial shot. I wonder what this would look like as a b&w conversion? Another thought would be to crop out the trees to the very edge of the rounded boulder upper left while retaining the trees in the reflection. The remaining bushes in the center top would still lend depth of the composition. I didn't mean for this to turn into a critique. I think this particular piece works in many ways. Just MHO..I doubt I will ever acheive the results many of you post. Thanks for sharing your morning to us.
07-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
I like the 2nd shot best. The detail from top to bottom keeps interest. The bottom half or so with the water flowing between the two boulders cropped could almost pass for an aerial shot. I wonder what this would look like as a b&w conversion? Another thought would be to crop out the trees to the very edge of the rounded boulder upper left while retaining the trees in the reflection. The remaining bushes in the center top would still lend depth of the composition. I didn't mean for this to turn into a critique. I think this particular piece works in many ways. Just MHO..I doubt I will ever acheive the results many of you post. Thanks for sharing your morning to us.

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/153021-landscape-few-tod...#ixzz1T8TnGiop
Thank you for commenting and I do have a cropped version of that image. [see below]
Regards JIM

07-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Jim, I like these very much. #2 looks most interesting to me.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I do have a cropped version of that image. [see below]
I wonder if you have tried to crop the real tree completely out, but keep the reflection pool in, so that only the granite and the water are in the frame.
07-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
wonder if you have tried to crop the real tree completely out, but keep the reflection pool in, so that only the granite and the water are in the frame.
I will try that angle the next time I am there. Could have gone lower and changed the angle downwards a bit more. Will post if I shoot here again. JIM
07-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

beautiful shots jim.... love the dof and those reflections add so much to the interest of the landscape.. dave m
07-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
beautiful shots jim.... love the dof and those reflections add so much to the interest of the landscape.. dave m
Thanks Dave. Always appreciate you commenting. JIM