Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
What could have been my last photo ever
Lens: Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F2.8 Di LD [IF] Macro Camera: K20D Photo Location: Elk Island ISO: 1000 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: daacon, 07-25-2011, 08:30 AM

Having visited this particular spot numerous times, sometimes in the pursuit of the shot one forgets these are wild 1000 lbs. animals that can in a moment decide to 'eliminate the nuisance' I did not really notice the look on this guy until I got in on my computer - but it appears he was not a Pentax Fan

Views: 2,693
07-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I think he just wanted to be sure you were using a Pentax.

Mickey
07-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Hmm if it charges you, make sure u swap to a wide angle
07-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kneonx Quote
Like a paraphrase of the old joke: "You have a choice: run away to save your life, or shoot a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph. What focal length should you use?"

07-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, he is incredulous you are using F8.
07-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dave, he looks young and curious and wants to be your friend, you will be OK, trust me. Bob
07-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Pretty scary.....now you know how I feel when I hear Otis roar and look out my window and he is right in my face!

How close were you? Close enough to smell his breath? My uncle raised buffalo years ago....mean critters when agitated, and it doesn't take much to agitate them. I was close enough once that I could smell that rotten breath, even though I was running into a headwind at full speed at the time.
Beat Regards!

07-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fearsome.
Good to see you're still around though Dave.
07-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Holy Crap Batman.. I think he looks Horny!! Back away Dave... This guy has you picutred in his mind now! Too funny. I think we were as close the last time we were there but we we in our car. JIM
07-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

great capture dave.... what a kisser on tatanka ! did ya ask him nicely to smile for the camera??? dave m
07-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mickeyobe Quote
I think he just wanted to be sure you were using a Pentax.
Mickey
ha ! Thanks Mikey - maybe as he did not charge !

QuoteOriginally posted by kneonx Quote
Sweet ! Your concern is underwhelming

QuoteOriginally posted by jstevewhite Quote
Like a paraphrase of the old joke: "You have a choice: run away to save your life, or shoot a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph. What focal length should you use?"
Hardly a Pultizer Prize shot , however I like you thinking !

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Actually, he is incredulous you are using F8.
Well ya know .... there was nothing between him and I except the Pentax and Tamron lens .... - He did not seem in a portrait mood
07-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob Harris Quote
Dave, he looks young and curious and wants to be your friend, you will be OK, trust me. Bob
Great thanks Bob I will send the check for the Brooklyn Bridge and the Florida swampland later today what a buddy!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Pretty scary.....now you know how I feel when I hear Otis roar and look out my window and he is right in my face!

How close were you? Close enough to smell his breath? My uncle raised buffalo years ago....mean critters when agitated, and it doesn't take much to agitate them. I was close enough once that I could smell that rotten breath, even though I was running into a headwind at full speed at the time.
Beat Regards!
haha Thanks Rupert - close enough that it would been a challenge for me to get out of his way on a full charge. They are usually pretty tame as lot's of people in the park , however in Septemeber during rutting season all bets are off.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Fearsome.
Good to see you're still around though Dave.
THanks Ash yep survived another one !

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Holy Crap Batman.. I think he looks Horny!! Back away Dave... This guy has you picutred in his mind now! Too funny. I think we were as close the last time we were there but we we in our car. JIM
Yes we were I was out the car this time - but as I mentioned hopefully close enough to the car on a charge I could get there (really don't want to put that theory to the test though !)

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
great capture dave.... what a kisser on tatanka ! did ya ask him nicely to smile for the camera??? dave m
haha thanks Dave when he truned and gave me that look - I was not talking to him anymore - more like asking God some things ...........
07-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, Dave - I get the same sort of look from my wife after a transgression of one kind or another (e.g. forget to take the garbage out).

Seriously - this is a terrific shot. Very well done getting the detailed facial expression of such a dark subject.

Jer
07-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, Dave - I get the same sort of look from my wife after a transgression of one kind or another (e.g. forget to take the garbage out).
Seriously - this is a terrific shot. Very well done getting the detailed facial expression of such a dark subject.
Jer
I have seen the same here Jer from my better half but she is no where near 1000 lbs and has no horns appreciate the comments as always .........
07-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Nice shot! The colour balance looks a little too blue and you might want to use curves to tweak the contrast a little - then again it may just be my monitor.