Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Lion on the Hunt!
Posted By: Rupert, 07-25-2011, 09:42 AM

I heard a roar and looked out my office window at home......it was only Otis doing his "lion on the hunt" impression. Scared off everything in the neighborhood, and I even locked my back door.

Damn, he looks scary.....that serious look on his face means business!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Hey Guys! Relax, I'm only kidding around....for now.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Otis sends best wishes for everyone to have a great week, starting with today! If he scared anyone, he sends his regrets.

Best Regards!
Views: 4,226
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Great Otis shots Rupert!!!

07-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #17
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Smeggy...Thanks all! May be just silliness but it is fun and better than a lot of the serious nonsense we deal with every day.
In a serious moment.....Squirrels truly do squeeze a lot of fun out of life, watching them play is hilarious, and they seem happier than most people I know......

Just a few tiny nuts can make their day....wish I was so easy to satisfy......not that I would want tiny nuts, you understand!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards
07-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Thanks for the thoughtful reply Rupert!

What you say makes sense in that keeping them fed will help deter them from the bird feeders.

We have an abundance of Red Squirrels, we do have some Grey's also, but the don't get along. The Reds are very aggressive - they will chase any Grey's away from the area.

I appreciate your help with the squirrel feeding - we are both looking forward to seeing all our wildlife through our big glass door this winter.

Maybe the caption for this one should be "did someone say black oil sunflower seeds"?

07-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Just wanted to add - these shots are terrible, but just to give you an idea what we are dealing with - this is a top of the line squirrel-proof feeder - the mesh on the outside of the feeder measures 1.5 x 1.5 inches.

The same guy that was in the feeder is the one I posted above.

Last edited by stormtech; 06-25-2012 at 07:16 PM.
07-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That is a great looking and very Handsome little fellow! You should get a ton of enjoyment and as many shots once you get set up and begin feeding them regularly! Fun little critters, they have given me many hours of enjoyment and brought a bundle of sunshine on those cloudy days.

Add that in time, when this place becomes Pentax Squirrel Forums, we will be among the highest esteemed here!

Best Regards!
07-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I must have had a little too much to drink last night...

I enjoyed reading this thread especially the adventures of the famous Otis.

Last edited by agsy; 06-23-2013 at 06:04 AM.
07-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Agsy..... Yet another Handsome Squirrel! I love that pose, should be worth a few peanuts for him?

Otis is just wondering...he does that a lot......he wants to know if maybe some here are interested in a contest....photo contest? No, a contest to see which Pentaxian can furnish Squirrels the most and most exotic Squirrel feed. I told him I would post it, but would not offer any guarantees on takers....

Best Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 07-27-2011 at 07:44 PM.
07-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #23
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

We have grey squirrels here Rupert. I love your stories about Otis, and thought to share my friends with you and Otis. Here's one trying to get into the Squirrel-be-gone feeder. It doesn't spin, but the perches close if anything heavier than a Bluejay lands on one.

07-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Photolady....Whatever it takes, they are willing and able......

Regards!

RE: The Feeding contest I mentioned.....Otis requests that all entrants have their donation shipped to him for weighing and a QC check before he forwards the donations on to your local Squirrels. Isn't that Otis a civic minded Squirrel!
07-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #25
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

May be willing and able, but the feeder I have sure keeps them out. But I'm a softy for squirrels so they get a daily ration of sunflower seeds, the black oil kind and corn on the cob and an occasional banana, a little watermelon too. They love watermelon seeds. I love watching them play, chasing each other around trees, over branches and just being squirrels.
07-28-2011, 03:15 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady Quote
We have grey squirrels here Rupert. I love your stories about Otis, and thought to share my friends with you and Otis. Here's one trying to get into the Squirrel-be-gone feeder. It doesn't spin, but the perches close if anything heavier than a Bluejay lands on one.
That is hilarious! I can see him thinking "so now what??" Squirrels are fun!
07-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #27
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Stop Stormtech!

There is still time to save you!

Rupert is very good at deviously posting these shots of the "cute" squirrels and convincing unsuspecting, goodhearted people to feed them. Your life will become a living Hell of round the clock squirrel care. Driving out in blinding blizzards to get more food, hauling 20-40lbs bags, filling and refilling, and refilling feeders and if you are slow to refill they start climbing up on your windowsills and pawing the screens to let you know that the feeder is empty and for all this, they allow you a few shots.

Don't do it!
Check out the girth on this squirrel.

The squirrels brought hawks looking to swoop in for a quick squirrel lunch. At first I felt I needed to protect my little "cuties".

No one needs to worry, this was just a joke a couple of years ago for Rupert. The gun was not loaded. LOL

The squirrels, or rather the squirrel food, also brings mice, which then bring these.

Now we have this visitor also looking to lunch a few good squirrels. Three years in to this squirrel feeding nightmare he is a welcome visitor.

Robin (a very tired squirrel feeder)
07-28-2011, 08:01 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I love squirrels! Thanks for posting
07-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I keep nuts in my pockets for the squirrels at the library. Unfortunately they seem scarce around our house. I don't know why. We have all sorts of other creatures around here. We have rabbit food around and I hang up peanut butter, corn and bird seed balls for the birds. I tried leaving out some nuts in a dish and even getting some good squirrel food over at the feed store. But I still end up going to the library to their little park to feed the squirrels because you rarely if ever see one locally.
07-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Friends! Fellow Pentaxians and Squirrel followers, please disregard the above post by Rzarbo (Robin) for what it is....a rant from a turncoat traitor to the Squirrel Kingdom and a Squirrel malcontent if ever there was one.
At first, a few years ago, I was pleased that she was going to put up Squirrel feeders and help the little critters get through the long cold winters, but then I learned that her true agenda was a a dark and evil desire to attract "playmates" for her many cats. I have heard that she has as many as a hundred cats and adds a few new ones every week.
Thank goodness, Otis had sent out his Training Crew and all the Squirrels in her area are proficient in Kung Fu and can easily defend against her lazy cats. You saw the video...right?
Animals Being Dicks

Now that she has turned on the Squirrels, they felt it necessary to declare War on her and her cats.....which continues to this day. I hear they are winning handily, and have recently excavated a part of her yard for a Fort Squirrel. The concrete reinforced bunkers will house the "Big Guns" Otis plans to ship next month.

So....if you intend to feed little adorable Squirrels, and are honest in your concern, they will love you and give you many fine shots and a world of entertainment. If you are going to resort to trickery , as Robin did, good Luck! You are surely going to need a ton of it!

BTW- That fat Squirrel she posted....seems her Squirrels have found cats to be delicious....if cooked properly!
Best Regards!

Otis says it all depends on coming at things from the right angle, not trickery.......he likes this angel best!
[IMG] [/IMG]

Last edited by Rupert; 07-28-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: add