Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bamboo
Posted By: xs400, 11-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Got this shot of a small bamboo grove located on the campus of a local college. Used a Hoya R72 IR filter with K100D and kit 18-55mm. I'd appreciate any comments on the shot. Thanks.
Frank

Views: 1,787
11-22-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hm. I like the idea (I think bamboo is wonderfully photogenic) but this doesn't work for me. The graininess is distracting. It also doesn't look IR enough to have bothered with the filter, long exposure and high ISO - it looks like a straight B&W conversion, or maybe that's just my unfamiliarity with either IR or bamboo! I guess it seems to be neither one thing nor another - it's not a freaky IR that looks really strange, nor is it a straight-up photo of bamboo. I'm not sure what exactly I'd do differently if I were photographing the same thing, so I'm not being particularly helpful, I'm afraid. But you did ask for comments, so there they are.

Julie
11-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
whats the pic about?

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote
Hm. I like the idea (I think bamboo is wonderfully photogenic) but this doesn't work for me. The graininess is distracting. It also doesn't look IR enough to have bothered with the filter, long exposure and high ISO - it looks like a straight B&W conversion, or maybe that's just my unfamiliarity with either IR or bamboo! I guess it seems to be neither one thing nor another - it's not a freaky IR that looks really strange, nor is it a straight-up photo of bamboo. I'm not sure what exactly I'd do differently if I were photographing the same thing, so I'm not being particularly helpful, I'm afraid. But you did ask for comments, so there they are.

Julie
i have to agree...the graininess is so distracting and there are no angles with the shot..its lke you jjust took the pic without angles and such...